Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I saw a new dodge viper add yesterday and they yacked about how great YA YA YA! Well at the end of the add they showed the car and under the picture it said in big red letters 206 MPH!
I have 2 questions
1. What happened to the MAGIC below 200 mph thing? All of our Vettes are capable of this but GM limits them to just below 200 and they always have, did that guideline just go out the window?
2. What will GMs response to this be?

Just wondering what your folks view is on this subject?
Karl

·
Registered
360 Posts
I guess that top speed is a bragging rights thing. The ZR1 would have kept up with the new Viper. GM claimed 198 for the C6Z on the autobahn. But who ever drives them THAT fast?

GM has shifted to downforce for cornering, which seems effective. I would have preferred some clever active aero, to have both goals met, but that would add even more weight to the latest Z06.

Note that the last Viper ACRS was a heavy winged version for downforce and it was limited to something like 180mph as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I drive throughout Germany and I assure you that you can drive at 150 mph + on highways and still find somebody flashing you from behind...and it's legal! with my old c6z06 I reached 200 mph a couple of times and the car was damn solid on its wheels...Apparently the base c7 z06 with 150bhp more will be slower and that's definitely strange...When I will receive it I will test and let you know but I guess it is not only downforce...I woud be curious to drive a Viper, too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts