Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dealer offering me a new Z early for $6k over list.

I've seen other reports of up to $25k over list.

I am not interested at any price over list and would buy a new Viper Coupe first.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Why not let their plan backfire by posting details on the corvette forums. Expose these dealers so everyone is aware and let the dealer know you not tolerate that kind of ridiculous behavoir.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Run away.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I don't see how any dealers will get it, unless they are out in B-F-E and consumers have no other choice... We all know the car is too mass produced to justify this gouging.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
blu byu said:
I don't see how any dealers will get it, unless they are out in B-F-E and consumers have no other choice... We all know the car is too mass produced to justify this gouging.
So was the C5, but some dealers got mark-ups in the early stages of production. There are a lot of foolish people out there who let emotion take over for common sense and shell out the extra cash to be one of the first to drive a new model. Thankfully, this community is not a part of that group!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Never Ever pay over sticker for anything.....

I tried to buy a 300C for Moma and I looked at the car and the sticker of 35k and the salesman wrote up a quote for 38. I said what's this? "Chrysler priced these too cheap and compared to a Cadillac they are under priced" I said no thanks and left. Over sticker is for suckers.....

I just bought a Harley Ford F250 Diesel that stickered for $53K and paid $42. That's a deal.....

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
They will push you as far as they can. If you pay over sticker, they win. If you don't, you win. It's just a numbers game to them and what they refer to as lay down buyers. If you lay down and give them what they want, (over sticker) it's your fault. You walked in a door when you went inside the dealership and you can walk out the same door if they are FOS. We dictate what a car costs they don't. A car is only worth what someone will pay for it. Nothing more, nothing less.

D.J. :z: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
The sad truth of the matter is this how a capitalistic economy works. Put yourself in the place of a sales person for one of "those" dealerships.

Maybe you get 10% of the selling price OVER MSRP as a comission, but nothing for anything less. What would you do? On the other hand if you were going to be selling cars as a career, why wouldn't you adopt the strategy that you work just as hard to saved your customers' money and earn their respect and loyalty as you do to make money for the dealer.

"Some" do, but they are in the minority, or have worked for 1 dealer many years and have earned the right to make their own deals as a "senior" (career) salesman. The theory being, what may be lost in short term profits, are more than made up up for in long term sales volume. And such a dealership will likely get much more in return business that way.

Sometimes a dealer's very survival depends as much on one as the other. Inventory turns are just as necessary as a healthy bottom line for any business to flourish.

Unfortunately, the majority of deals must be okay'd by a hard nosed business manager in the back room who has no serious regard for customer relations other than how much money is to be made on a given day, so he can get his "cut" too.

Personally, I HATE this approach to selling cars, which I have encountered many, many times over the years I have been buying car!

Now, for the harshest truth of all. Not too long ago, we were all wildly speculating on the new Z06's MSRP. There were many threads and a few notable polls on this subject. Those polls showed that a majority of us felt the car as great as the new spec sheet claimed that is was, would most likely sticker for much more than it actually turned out. :crazy:

For them, albeit not very respresentative of the MAJORITY of us as far as what we would actually PAY to buy the car, but again for those among us with the cash to burn, a new Corvette with the credentials of the new Z06 for "only" $6k over MSRP is still a tremendous bargain, and EMOTION has everything to do with the decision to buy!
:jawdrop:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
dsinned said:
The sad truth of the matter is this how a capitalistic economy works. Put yourself in the place of a sales person for one of "those" dealerships.

Maybe you get 10% of the selling price OVER MSRP as a comission, but nothing for anything less. What would you do? On the other hand if you were going to be selling cars as a career, why wouldn't you adopt the strategy that you work just as hard to saved your customers' money and earn their respect and loyalty as you do to make money for the dealer.

"Some" do, but they are in the minority, or have worked for 1 dealer many years and have earned the right to make their own deals as a "senior" (career) salesman. The theory being, what may be lost in short term profits, are more than made up up for in long term sales volume. And such a dealership will likely get much more in return business that way.

Sometimes a dealer's very survival depends as much on one as the other. Inventory turns are just as necessary as a healthy bottom line for any business to flourish.

Unfortunately, the majority of deals must be okay'd by a hard nosed business manager in the back room who has no serious regard for customer relations other than how much money is to be made on a given day, so he can get his "cut" too.

Personally, I HATE this approach to selling cars, which I have encountered many, many times over the years I have been buying car!

Now, for the harshest truth of all. Not too long ago, we were all wildly speculating on the new Z06's MSRP. There were many threads and a few notable polls on this subject. Those polls showed that a majority of us felt the car as great as the new spec sheet claimed that is was, would most likely sticker for much more than it actually turned out. :crazy:

For them, albeit not very respresentative of the MAJORITY of us as far as what we would actually PAY to buy the car, but again for those among us with the cash to burn, a new Corvette with the credentials of the new Z06 for "only" $6k over MSRP is still a tremendous bargain, and EMOTION has everything to do with the decision to buy!
:jawdrop:
I'm sure you know that sales people get paid for moving a car even if it's sold at some advertised newspaper/T.V low bait and switch price. It could be as low as $50 but he will get something, (adds to end of month total sales). Sales commissions are structured in various ways. Sale 20 cars in one month and receive 10 percent more commission on the salesman's net pay. If you would sale 25 cars you would up that bonus to 15 percent and so on. A good salesman can make a handsome income and be honest at the same time. Most of the time if you are not moving the salesman out of his seat to conference with his manager you are not getting a good deal. At least that's been my experience.

D.J.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Guys, ford dealers are getting $5K over sticker for Mustang GT convertibles!There are lots of people (just as PT Barnum predicted) that will fork over the bucks just to be the first on the block.

·
Registered
203 Posts
johniew398 said:
I have a dealer offering me a new Z early for $6k over list.

I've seen other reports of up to $25k over list.

I am not interested at any price over list and would buy a new Viper Coupe first.
And those new viper coupes go for MSRP?

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Zoomin said:
Guys, ford dealers are getting $5K over sticker for Mustang GT convertibles!There are lots of people (just as PT Barnum predicted) that will fork over the bucks just to be the first on the block.
Talk about High Crimes and Misdemeanors. Can you believe someone would pay that for a Stang.

P.T. Barnum

·
Registered
853 Posts
My dealer is giving me 3-4 % off list. I can live with that :yeadog:

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ls7z06 said:
Maybe I'm a dumb ass, But I am paying 5K over.. But I'll be driving the LS7 this year instead of next year..
I'm not so sure you're a dumb ass. Looks like it will
be March or April before I get mine. At that rate might
as well wait until the 07's come out unless I want to pay
a premium.

·
Registered
179 Posts
RFC2 said:
And those new viper coupes go for MSRP?
No crap! I'm not a big fan of MOPAR durability but the new Viper Coupe looks sweet! IF I'm getting up to that terrirotry I may as well consider a Viper if not a Porsche.

I'll have a hard time even paying $6k over INVOICE price for any new C6 including Zo6 but I guess that's why we waited until the Spring of 03 for our new Z06 as we did.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts