Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking up my 2002 Z06 in Florida on 11/18/01. I live in Hawaii where the dealer here adds $10,000 to the MSRP.
Can I get skis to fit inside this car? I thought I would nice to take the long way home. Is there a ski rack I can purchase for the 2002 Z06?

·
Registered
736 Posts
Whats shipping costing you? You will love the Z. Which island do you live on? I would love to live in Hawaii. I could just imagine driving the Z on the Road to Hana in Maui or up to the North Shore in Kuaui. Best of Luck.

P.S. If you are passing through Pa and need anything give me a yell.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Skiing in Hawaii ????

I always thought the Islands were warm. You'll enjoy the car.

Congrats !!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I picked-up my Z06 as planned on 11/18 in Ft. Lauderdale and headed to Key West. I did a lot of stop and go driving and kept it under 4000 RPM for the first 500 miles. From Key West I drove it to Denver over the next 10 days. It's smooth. In Denver I put it into storage flew back to Hawaii. I put 2,800 miles on it and have not hit 6000 RPM yet. Being a Porsche 911 Turbo guy too... I can speak from experence that these cars cannot be compared. They are totally different experiences. From 0-80 MPH the Z06 is happy. From 60-130 MPH the 911 Turbo is happy. I'm lucky to own both and, for now, would not want to choose between them.
I plan to keep the Z06 on the West Coast and that is why I need to figure out the ski rack thing. Who is doing what?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts