Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Well I just picked up my 2002 Z06!! I'm in heaven!!! What an amazing ride!! I can't say enough!! I know it sounds crazy but this has been my dream car for 4 years!! I'm not wealthy, so I had to wait until I could get a used one for around $30,000

Thanks to all who responded to my weekend thread " advice on buying a Z06 out of warranty". I was a little hesitant on buying one out of warranty but with your help I was reassured.

If you missed the thread, I was looking at an 02 with 29,000 miles on it, in near mint shape. Asking price $31,900 The only thing I noticed was that the clutch was engaging kind of high. I went to Chevrolet and got its service record. The previous owner has already had the 30,000 mile maintenance done including the changing of the transmission and rear end oil. The engine was also decarboned. It also has newish tires. All in all, the only thing I see that will need replacing is the clutch within the next year. At this point it is not slipping or chattering, just engaging real high.

Can a clutch be adjusted??

Anyways I ended up talking the dealership down to $29,900.00. I think I got a pretty great deal considering the resale value of these cars. Kelly blue book had it worth $38,800 retail.

I Noticed there are quite a few members that are from in and around the Tampa Bay area. Is there any local Z06/ Corvette clubs around? I'm also interested in finding out about local activities!!

Thanks again in advance for your replies!!

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Welcome to the best site! Now, see how hard it is to keep that grin off your face when you take your Z out for a little exercise! :z: :z: :z:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Welcome Aboard the Good Ship Z06 :z: :z:

There is a very good tuner in your area if you need any work.
AntiVenom link on the left :cheers:

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Congratulations on the Z and welcome to :z:
There's a thread here on just about everything that can go right with the Z and on the occasional thing that can go wrong.
Lot's of help as well.
Enjoy the ride! :jammin:

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Congrats on your new Z:cheers:

Welcome aboard and give a Greg a call at Antivenom or stop by his shop.

Jack

·
Z06 Master
6,137 Posts
Congats on your new ride. :coo:

Welcome to the PARTY :z:

Welcome to your new home. :yeadog:

Local Corvette Club: http://tampabayvettes.com/

We have our own Z06 tuner Greg @ Antivenom, his shop is on the corner of S Parsons & MLK in Seffner, 813-661-9000

Where in the Tampa area are you?
I just moved to Valrico but will not be permanent till mid June.

I will be Driving my 01 Mil Yellow Z down on Sunday.

Give me a call we could hook up at Greg's place

Want color is yours? Miles? Mods? DETAILS! :D

Ivo :z:
813-468-8776
[email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts