Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talked to a guy who gets a new Vette EVERY year--he 's selling his C6 in preparation for the arrival of his C6 Z06--tells me he's getting it for "only" $10K over MSRP. Let's see, $72K + $10K + ~$9K tax & registration = too steep for me! :eek:

He tells me that he's getting a deal--most others will have to endure a $15K to $25K mark-up. This is from one of L.A.'s largest Vette dealers--who'll only be getting a 3 car allotment (don't know for what time period, though).

Can you say OUCH!?! :yeadog:

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
Sanford said:
Maybe GM will make enough money to get their "bonds" out of the JUNK box.
Good point :thumb:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
It must be nice to have more money than Brains or is it. :bang:

·
Registered
722 Posts
Whatever the dealer charges over MSRP doesn't put a penny in GM's pocket.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Plenty of fish in the sea. Apparently he's either ignorant or a BS artist. GM is in big financial trouble and there aren't enough fish in the sea like the subject to save them.

If true look to see the showroom floors covered with C6 Z06's. :usa:

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
S-TEE said:
Talked to a guy who gets a new Vette EVERY year--he 's selling his C6 in preparation for the arrival of his C6 Z06--tells me he's getting it for "only" $10K over MSRP. Let's see, $72K + $10K + ~$9K tax & registration = too steep for me! :eek:

He tells me that he's getting a deal--most others will have to endure a $15K to $25K mark-up. This is from one of L.A.'s largest Vette dealers--who'll only be getting a 3 car allotment (don't know for what time period, though).

Can you say OUCH!?! :yeadog:
There's me, who scrimps and charges and makes payments to enjoy at least a few of the nicer things in life - buried in hock. And then there are people who have so much income and/or liquidity, that they own huge homes mortgage-free. I see these peoples' credit histories here in the car business. Some of them make you gulp. So stroking a check for any automobile - irregardless of dealer markup (which BTW, we DON'T do) becomes an insignificant bump in the road to their goals. Namely, to have the hot car right now! The cachet of having the hottest car the soonest, deserved or not, justifies the payment of a gouge. Either that, or this poor guy was hacked out of a block of ice from the Crimean Age and thinks that this is normal! :screwy:

·
Registered
100 Posts
defender said:
There's me, who scrimps and charges and makes payments to enjoy at least a few of the nicer things in life - buried in hock. And then there are people who have so much income and/or liquidity, that they own huge homes mortgage-free. I see these peoples' credit histories here in the car business. Some of them make you gulp. So stroking a check for any automobile - irregardless of dealer markup (which BTW, we DON'T do) becomes an insignificant bump in the road to their goals. Namely, to have the hot car right now! The cachet of having the hottest car the soonest, deserved or not, justifies the payment of a gouge. Either that, or this poor guy was hacked out of a block of ice from the Crimean Age and thinks that this is normal! :screwy:
I'm with you but if he makes 225k a year with little to no debt then more power to him. :ity:

·
Registered
258 Posts
The tip of the iceberg is that if he says he is getting one of "three" cars that one of the biggest Vette dealers in LA will get, they must sell about 20Vettes a year. Maxie Price in Loganville GA is getting a 100. Maxie Price is one of the top Corvette dealerships in the country. Now they are truly a BIG Corvette dealership, but I would have thought LA would have had a more prominent dealership. They will offer the C6 Z06 at MSRP

·
Registered
76 Posts
For the most part, rich people didn't get where they are because they're stupid, but this guy doesn't sound like he's the sharpest knife in the drawer. If I bought a new Vette every year from a dealer, and they were still going to screw me with a mark up over MSRP, I would be looking for a new dealership. It wouldn't matter if I had a $10 million salary, it's the principle.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
You know what they say, a fool and his money will soon part.

If your friend is paying "only" $10K over MSRP he is an idiot and you can tell him I said so. With some dealers offering C6 Z06s to people on the "list" for the published MSRP, your friend is the fool mentioned above in the quote. He could get on a "list" for an out of state dealer instead of the consumer raping dealers in LA, get the Z06 at MSRP, fly to inspect it, and have it shipped to his house for much much much less than the $10K premium he is agreeing to fork over in order to be the first kid on the block with the new C6 Z06.

JMHO

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Now GM is willing to give everybody "Employee" discounts. It is just a game to the car dealers.........get as much as you can out of the customer. Buyer beware..............

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
He is a salesman of course he is gonna say they are the biggest dealer in LA :p and even if he is ,he will say only 20...Low supply high demand you get the point :yeadog:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
You wanna see the lowest scum on the face of this earth just come to LA and visit the car dealers :screwy: :screwy:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Old Red said:
The tip of the iceberg is that if he says he is getting one of "three" cars that one of the biggest Vette dealers in LA will get, they must sell about 20Vettes a year. Maxie Price in Loganville GA is getting a 100. Maxie Price is one of the top Corvette dealerships in the country. Now they are truly a BIG Corvette dealership, but I would have thought LA would have had a more prominent dealership. They will offer the C6 Z06 at MSRP

I did mention that I didn't know what the time frame of that quota period was--it COULD be three a month--I just don't know. I do know that they are one of the largest (I didn't say best) Vette dealers in the LA area. They've been buying out other dealer's consignments for top dollar (and turning around and selling them for that, too)--that way they also end up getting those other dealer's follow on assignment of cars during the follow on years. Guess it's their way of empire building.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
NavyPhrog said:
You know what they say, a fool and his money will soon part.

If your friend is paying "only" $10K over MSRP he is an idiot and you can tell him I said so. With some dealers offering C6 Z06s to people on the "list" for the published MSRP, your friend is the fool mentioned above in the quote. He could get on a "list" for an out of state dealer instead of the consumer raping dealers in LA, get the Z06 at MSRP, fly to inspect it, and have it shipped to his house for much much much less than the $10K premium he is agreeing to fork over in order to be the first kid on the block with the new C6 Z06.
JMHO
...never said that the guy is a friend of mine--just a guy I've bumped into a couple of times at local car shows. One of those flashy, gotta-be-first-on-the-block kinda guys...

Knowing the dealership he's getting the car from (Cormier), I KNOW they wouldn't hesitate for a second, to throw a $10k mark-up on a car's MSRP. Already seen them do it on the '04 Z16's, when they came out...

Can you say La-La Land? :yeadog:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts