Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

We just got these in stock:

These are not the GM Z06 screens that you see on this vehicle.

What we have is the screens that are fitted in the front brake cooling ducts that are just below the Z06 screens.

We just got enough of these to fit 100 C5/Z06 vehicles.

Priced at: $45.00 for the pair.

Side and rear screens will be available in 1-2 weeks.

Call us to place your order.

Let us know what you think!!!!!

Thanks!

Shawn

G

·
I hope this is not a dumb question..but..here goes..

Do they pop in or do you have to unbolt some parts to install..

It might help us if you could show us how it goes in..

Looks cool though especially on zo6.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I got some similar screens from Exit 28 Motorsports for a few bucks more. They go in simple, but there were not really instructions. Just some words and tips (there are 5 steps spelled out). They look great though. I'm happy with mine. Not many folks notice them though. Now that somebody is making screens for the side gills I'll get them too. How do the side ones attach?

BTW, the ones I have for the front brake ducts just push/pull into place. I got some needle nose pliers and some flat blade screwdrivers. I pushed the screens in and turned them and then pulled them back into position. Total time of maybe 5-10 minutes. The company who makes these ones is: A/O Engineering Inc.

Are these the same pieces?

311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Z0 SIC,

The manufacturer of the screens we carry is not A/O Engineering, Inc.

The manufacturer of the front, side and rear screens now uses the identical size and shape that GM uses on their Z06 factory screens. This way, they will look no different than your factory screens, thus the entire set of screens will match.

The side screens that we will be carrying attach with heavy duty 3M automotive double sided tape.

The rear screens will also be attached using heavy duty 3M automotive double sided tape.

Here is also another pic so you can see what it looks like at a distance:

ENJOY!!

Shawn

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Side screens

This gives you an idea of the side:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Exhaust screens

This was an experiment with the same material as we used for the side and rear screens:

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
Thanks Shawn. Yeah, mine look identical. I love the look.

As for the other pics. The side gills look good. I've always thought there was something missing there, but not sure these will complete it. As for the back screen, I don't like it much. I've got the exhaust plate in Carbon Fiber with the C5 flag on it. I thought the rear screens would be for the slots in the rear where you can see the mufflers through.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
When (if at all) will these front screens be available with a black rubber outer edge to match the ones already on the Z06???

I would be much more interested if it matched more exactly what is on the car.

chris

311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ZO SIC,

The picture Jacob posted of the side fender screens are the same ones we will have shortly.

As for the picture Jacob posted of the rear screens, those are NOT the same ones we will be carrying.

Your first guess was correct in that they will be screens for the rear exhaust slits.

They look great on the car as they all match.

chrisj,

We asked the manufacturer if they would make us screens for the front, side and rear that match the GM Z06 front air screens and they said that it would cost too much, need more expensive tooling and would take too long to produce screens with black plastic housings.

The black plastic housings around the screens aren't needed at all because you won't be able to see them on the front, side and rear openings at all. It would really be a waste of cost and time to produce them that way.

These look killer the way they are right now.

Shawn

311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Guys,

Just to let you know, we will have the side Z06 style fender screens and the rear exhaust vent screens within the next 1-2 weeks.

Here is a pic of the side fender screens as you have already seen the front and rear screens:

Shawn

·
Registered
495 Posts
I've already got the front brake duct screens but I would definitly be interested in the side vent screens when they are released..

Thanks,,,,Nick :D

·
Registered
425 Posts
I like the front screens, but from a functional standpoint, the others are installed on exiting vents, it looks out of place. Why would anyone screen air exiting your vehicle?:-?

311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
w8ing4my02,

The front brake cooling ducts are the only real functional ducts on the car.

The side ducts are for aesthetics only as the wheel well fender liner covers it up.

The rear slits aren't for any functional use at all either.

Shawn

·
Registered
327 Posts
The rears look GREAT. I want the rears for sure and figure the side gills will be needed to "finish off" the look.

Chris J:

Yeah, the front brake duct screens don't sit flush like the Z06 cold air screens do. They are actually recessed about 1" or so. Go look at the front of your car and see where the paint stops and the black brake ducts start. Then it should make sense. And the same goes for the front and rear too.

How much are the side gills and the rear muffler screens going to cost?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts