Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud new owner of an '02 black/black! Now that I have the car (which is pretty much stock,,besides CAGS and headlights) where do I start with the mods? Can anyone give any advice as to what is a must have, and what can wait?

Also, I need to give it a thorough wash and wax. Any advice as to what products (Zaino?) and what types of products?

Thanks all, let the modifications begin.

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
Welcome to the site and Congrats on the new Z!!!

I'll let the other folks give you some guidance on recommended mods but I wanted to give you a warm wecome to :z:

Mike

:z: :z: :z:

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
keller said:
I am the proud new owner of an '02 black/black! Now that I have the car (which is pretty much stock,,besides CAGS and headlights) where do I start with the mods? Can anyone give any advice as to what is a must have, and what can wait?

Also, I need to give it a thorough wash and wax. Any advice as to what products (Zaino?) and what types of products?

Thanks all, let the modifications begin.
Man you can read about the opinions on this stuff forever. A search for the items you are asking about will give you plenty. After reading this info for the past couple of years it seems to be CAI or cold air intake of some kind. Headers, and then if you get serious heads and cam package and some tunning. I will be following this soon as well. At least the CAI and headers part. I do not want to get into the motor just yet. Welcome to the site and enjoy your ride. It takes a little time to just get used to the car. And if you have not had a chance to put the car into competive mode try it you will be impressed. :cheers:

·
21,354 Posts
Welcome to the club and to the site! Congrats on owning a Z.

As to what mods to start with? That's hard to say and very subjective. My first mod was a Hurst shifter and then some chrome wheels. Later on I went with headers and an intake and later still a head and cam package. It just goes on and on. But I'm pretty conservative so you need to talk with some of the other guys. You know, the ones with blowers and 427s, etc. :lol:

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Welcome and congrats! :jammin:

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Welcome Aboard! :D You will be joining our chapter of Modaholics soon. :lol: :z:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Welcome Aboard the Good Ship Z06 :z: :z:

Shorten the Antenna
Exhaust Plate
Lower the car to max on the factory bolts (less than a inch)
Get use to all the power and if you feel you need more we will be more the happy to help spend all your money.
Keep AH on at all times TC on when the roads are wet at a minimum :cheers:

·
Registered
573 Posts
Welcome to :z: :z: short shifter right away..do a intake and exhust .. it sounds really cool :) lol some headers rims..you'll get the hang of it. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Welcome and Congrats! As for mods- do you want to go fast or look pretty?

If I had to do it all over again-
A&A frame savers and rocker rails
CAI
LGM Headers
exhaust
Andy's partition
Hurst shifter
Caravaggio seats
lloyd's mats
21stMC/LPE head&cam pkg
wheels

in that order with a bunch of "inexpensive" cosmetic mods peppered in there to personalize it. Oh yeah, and find someone to bank roll your mods, that'll help! :D

·
Registered
882 Posts
Welcome aboard and great choice! ;)

And in the world of black, toss all of your cotton towels and sponges! Only touch that black finish with microfiber towels -- for washing, drying, and waxing! I use NXT wax as it is easy on, easy off and leaves a great shine. :coo:

As far as mods:
- Hurst or similar shifter
- Long tube headers (LG or SuperMaxx)
- PIA driving lamps, 1100X (add OEM switch in dash)
- Valentine One radar detector
- Raptor shift light
- Vararam 2B intake with K&N filter
- IPod and interface for "unlimited" music
- Ceramic pads, and Zinc plated rotors (drilled/slotted your option)
- Z06 floor mats and hatch mat
- Cast AL gas and dead pedal
- Amsoil with filter

That should make a nice first weekend. :crazy:

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Congratulations on the Z and welcome to :z:
Go back and re-read the previous posts.
Read It Il Go's post twice. :thumb:

Be a regular visitor to this fine resource.
Once you get an appreciation of the car in stock form, performance-wize, and figure out what direction you want to go, you will have dozens of experience threads here to go over.
Enjoy the ride! :jammin:

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
make sure you get to the Z06 fest this yr in July at Bowling Green, KY-and we will make SURE you mod your vette:thumb:

welcome to the site!

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Just a plain welcome here:cheers:

As you have read already, the mods are endless, as long as your bank account is too. :z:

Jack

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Welcome to the site and congrats on the new Z :thumb:

There is tons of information on this site in answer to the questions you have posed. Spend a few hours reading and you should have a good idea of what to do.

I would also suggest checking out the MyGarage section up on the tool bar. Many of us have posted specifics on what we have done to our own cars there. The key is picking mods that work together toward whatever is your goal. Good Luck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts