Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I dont have a vette but I do have a pretty fast car. It's a 95 saleen vert clone with 331 stroker and h/c/i with novi 2000. I got on this forum because my sister just got a 2003 c5 auto and she is asking me what she should do for some upgrades since I am the car guy in the family. I am not familiar with vettes though so I am looking for some help. What are the best bolt on's for the buck and where should she start? On my mustang it was the intake side I modded first. Her car is a cool blue color and I think it's the 50th aniv edition. I already talked her into these rims:http://rksport.com/product/p_04075290/view_detail

I don't see her getting into head work but a nice cam might be in the picture. She doesn't want a power adder though.

·
Registered
597 Posts
The sky's the limit. If she's not looking for power adders (which I think is wrong BTW :D ) I'd have her start with some interior bling from vette essentials (link on the left <---) Search for a thread on Blue LED conversions for the instrument cluster, Lloyds mats. Then I would have her add some LG Long tube headers with high flow cats and a Borla Stinger exhaust for sound of course.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Hi and welcome! I'd start out with changing the air intake...then add some long tube headers and a tune. Those won't add a ton of HP but, they are the basics to get done for other mods down the road. She should see between 30-40+ rwhp with those mods. :cheers:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when I said no power adders I meant no nitrous, turbo, or charger. I'm sure she will do bolt ons. Does the underdrive mod do much? Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
518 Posts
Z06 Ti exhaust $400ish
Vararam Intake (if you want to do the install) $300ish, or Blackwing Intake for an easier Install $150ish

Maybe gears if she wants more.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I would start with the bolt on LG headers.Exhaust for the C5 is always the most bang for the buck.New vararam intake and leave the rest stock.
IMHO the Z06 wheels,even in black,look cheap on a coupe.I would shop around for some wheels that look more origonal.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Same wheels better price

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43957&item=7972458577&rd=1

I do not know the seller or vouch for him in anyway ..But I don't like dealing with RK sport.

5.4 speedster said:
Hi I dont have a vette but I do have a pretty fast car. It's a 95 saleen vert clone with 331 stroker and h/c/i with novi 2000. I got on this forum because my sister just got a 2003 c5 auto and she is asking me what she should do for some upgrades since I am the car guy in the family. I am not familiar with vettes though so I am looking for some help. What are the best bolt on's for the buck and where should she start? On my mustang it was the intake side I modded first. Her car is a cool blue color and I think it's the 50th aniv edition. I already talked her into these rims:http://rksport.com/product/p_04075290/view_detail

I don't see her getting into head work but a nice cam might be in the picture. She doesn't want a power adder though.

·
Registered
882 Posts
SuperMaxx Headers (they come with high flow cats), Vararam air intake, and an after market exhaust like GHL, Borla or Corsa (listen to them all before making a choice -- some don't like "noise"). :jammin:

Make a good start! :)

Then heads/cam! :eek:o:

·
Registered
882 Posts
5.4 speedster said:
when I said no power adders I meant no nitrous, turbo, or charger. I'm sure she will do bolt ons. Does the underdrive mod do much? Thanks for the reply
Underdrive is labor intensive and doesn't do much like it can on a Mustang. :(

Costs of Headers = $1,300
Cost of Vararam = $330
Cost of Exhaust = $800

Gives you a ballpark. :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
The top two things on the list should be a ram air intake, such as Vararam or Vortex, and a header system, such as LG, Kooks, or Supermaxx.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts