Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
i live in Germany and did get a hand on a 2003, electron blue Z06 from a club-member, who works at the embassy here in Germany, who is also in our Corvette-Club.

This is a thrill, to drive such a Corvette on the Autobahn.

I have only one question: I have a whining noise, if i accerlerate in first, second, third and fith gear.
Only in fourth gear it isn´t there.

It sounds lke a sequential transmission noise from a racecar.

But my preowner told me, it´s comming from the engine, that makes this whining noise, that gets higher during acceleration.

Does someone know, what that can be?

Thanks
Friedel

·
Registered
77 Posts
From your description, you are basically telling us it's a transmission issue. What other item could it be if problem goes away in one gear? And what about 6th, apparently your testing didn't include 6th gear?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Sounds like a tranny problem to me.Unless you drive at a different rpm in 4th.Have it serviced.I always service all my fluids on any car I buy,just to be sure.Has he had the transaxle seals done.They are known to leak.A whine suggests low fluid or lube somewhere.. :-? Hard to tell,I can't hear it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello,
it´s not comming from the rear of the car. I have the tranmission fluid changed, too. Must be a bearing in the front, like near the clutch or engine. The higher the rpm, the higher the noise.
But, if it would be a bearing, it should make thet noise in all gears. But it doesn´t. The fourth gear is quiet.

Strange.

Thanks Friedel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts