Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am seriously thinking about purchasing a new or used Z-06. I live in the Sacramento area and my local dealer has about 10 used Z-06's that he is asking MSRP +10K markup on. I can't even imagine paying that for a used car. I would like to get a new 01 or 02 but what should I expect to pay? Any good lease deals going on right now?

Also, dealer names would be appreciated. Maybe I could have one shipped if I find the right price.

Thank You,

Ash

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the replies!

Silver would be my color of choice and then blue.

What/who is Maxie Price? Do they have a web site?

Thanks again,

-Ash

·
Registered
0 Posts

On 2001-07-31 17:38, CorvetteSS spewed forth this drivel:
Maxie Price is selling brand new 01 Z06's at about $43K. I'd try there first
David,

Thanks for helping a Forum member, but to be honest, Maxie Price has been selling lots of Z06's here , yet they do not want to support the forum. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Free advertisement helps them, and supports CF, but it does nothing for www.z06vette.com. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif I know for a fact that the measly $25-$75 a month we ask for supprt does not equal what they pay elsewhere.

Like I said, thanks for trying to help a member. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I agree about what you said on that Sacramento dealer. I had a similar experience there. They are out of their friggin mind try to get such a high markup on those cars. Caveat emptor.

In fact, all dealers in Norcal, especially in the SF Bay Area, are ripping us big time. Me and a few other list members have had to resort to buying from out of state dealers to get a fair shake. Go to the other forum for "dealer experiences" and read all related posts. I posted there about "out of state courtesy customer deliveries" that might be useful to you.

No matter what, whether buying new or used, don't reward a dealer such as in Sacramento, that simply expects you to simply bend over.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Your have good thoughts about a Z.If you wanna buy in california there is a dealer here in southern california called Richard Hibbard chevrolet.They are selling 02's at sticker, but they have a waiting list.The number is 800-486-4541.Ask for Grant Ives. Tell him Greg G sent you. Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks again for the info guys...

I've only been married for a month now so I'm having a hard time convincing the "boss" that I need a 'vette.

UGH!!!

-Ash

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
you can do much better than that if you are willing to travel, but if you are going to buy one sight unseen, I would recommend a new one - a carry over '01 as someone mentioned. MSRP + 10K would just be nuts for a used one. It is pretty obvious that there are a lot of uninformed used car buyers in your area if they are willing to pay that much. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't think the buyers around here are uninformed, I think that the have the money to spend and they can care less if they waste 10K. Well, I DO care!

-Ash

·
Registered
150 Posts
Well we all know my story so I wouldn't buy apack of crackers from Maxie Price unless I wanted broken ones....On the other hand Kerbeck in Penn. gets good replys and so does Karl Johnson. I received excellent service from Tom Jumper in Atlanta. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

1 - 15 of 15 Posts