Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm coming up on my first oil change at 1000 miles. I have my magnetic oil drain plug sitting on my desk, but I'm waiting on the jack insert from MAD to come in.

What oil filter is used for best performance? I had an 01 LS1 F-body before this, and the UPF 58 worked well, but I am not familiar with the LS6. Can someone point me in the right direction? Also how many quarts will I need? (I haven't checked the book yet.. I know I'm lazy).. The LS1 is around 6.. Is this correct for the LS6 also?

Tire Pressure - I run 30 all the way around: Is this good for even tire wear?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Read that manual!

Don't be lazy, read that manual, you might learn all kinds of things about your Z06!:D
:cheers:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Agreed, the Z06 is the first manual I read cover to cover. Lots of good info there. It still kills me when an owner's manual trys to teach the owner to drive stick though. I get a kick out of that.:lol:

Paul

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I run 30psi, and with 25k miles on the car, the wear is nice and even (ok, the rears are needing to be replaced soon).

·
Registered
495 Posts
For whatever its worth, my local Goodyear wholesaler reccomends 36 to 38 psi(cold) for spirited street driving because lower air pressure lets the sidewalls on the tires roll under in curves and gives excessive outer edge wear(also builds heat quicker)...just my 2 cents worth..

Nick

:cheers: :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts