Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of guys are hoping for a vert to get the FRC outline, but there are also a bunch of us that would just like the wind in our hair (those of us that still have some left!). Would a moonroof of some kind with a flip-up or removable roof panel be out of the question? I used to love driving with moonroof and windows open, and you won't lose any rigidity. Plus, its a lot faster to roll up the windows and moonroof than to put the top up on a vert! I think there's room there!!
Thanks to Rick Conti from Spitzer Chevrolet for the pic!

·
Registered
282 Posts
I agree. I understand the need for increased stability in the frame to enhance performance and to minimize weight up top. However, I would be willing to lose some of this performance for the option of a removable top panel. I think I am in the minority as it sounds that most people interested in the C6Z06 want to drive it to the limit.

Some would probably want to punch me in the face for just using this as an daily driver and never realizing its full potential. Unfortunatley, I don't have much hair left to get blown around if this becomes an option.

Would also love the paddle shifters.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts