Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next WCCC race, the fifth scheduled event of the 2005 season is a morning event at Famoso in Bakersfield on Saturday, April 30th. The event schedule is as follows:

· 9:00 AM: Gate/Tech inspection opens
· To be announced: Time trials begin
· To be announced: Eliminations begin

The Famoso tech card/entry fees are $25.00 for car & driver, $10 for crew, and the WCCC registration fee remain at $15.00.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok looks like Famoso is up to thier typical :bs:
Just took this off the other forum

Blue85L98 said:
* * EDIT** Due to special two-day track event(4/30 & 5/1), bring enough money for initial two-day event fees of $60 track entry for Car/Driver and additional $30 for each crew/spectator...Famoso will be providing a $5 rebate to WCCC drivers and if only racing on Saturday(day one), the day two refunds will be provided on your way out the gate at the end of day one(Saturday). * * EDIT**

In the end, the WCCC folks will have paid Famoso tech card/entry fees are $25.00 for car & driver, $15 for crew, and the WCCC registration fee remains at $15.00. We hope to see everyone at the track.

* * * * * * * * * * 4/24/05 EDIT * * * * * * * * * *

Originally, the WCCC negotiated a $25 car/driver tech card and $10 crew. However, the track planned the weekend of our event as a 2 day 'association day' for various clubs and such. The track now expects everyone to pay for the 2 day fees up-front, with the 2-day fees being $60 car/driver and $30 spectator/crew. If folks plan only to race on Saturday for the WCCC race you will be refunded half of your original 2-day entry fees on the way out of the track at the end of day one. Same with spectator fees...half of original 2-day fee refunded on the way out.

I did talk to the track manager and he did remember that he agreed to a $25 WCCC driver/car entry fee, and said we would still need to pay the $60 fees up front, then we would be refunded $5 separately for the one day fees, and refunded the balance on the way out at the end of day one if not racing on day two.

I apologize in advance...I was not informed of this two-day event issue by the track, and just stumbled on it after calling the track info line. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, but I'm still hoping to see everybody at Famoso on April 30th...

* * * * * * * * * * 4/24/05 EDIT * * * * * * * * * *

-dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts