Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
C6 special version...I have been hearing rumors of 2800lbs and 450HP......anyone have any info they wanna share?? price? :) be afraid viper....be very afraid!! :D

·
Registered
803 Posts
This month's (Jan '02) Hot Rod has a story on that. They say 450 HP, 7.0 litre, 2750 lb, and $100,000. But, those numbers are for a C6R.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Any info I have would be strictly rumorsville.

A future vette might have 450hp. There are also rumors of the future vipe having more than 500.

You might want to poke around www.c6vette.com for some rumors, spy photos, etc. :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Actually the next Viper having 500 hp is not a rumor, it's pretty much a fact. I wouldn't say the C6 Z06 will crush the Viper but it's gonna be nice rivalry. I say bring on the competition!

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
For 100 Large

It darn well better be more than 450, and it better kill everything on the roads..............
We can, as I type, have a cam and head job done wiyh a few mods, and pick up OVER 500 Crank..........NOW, for around $7k...............
It will have to be way MORE than this, for that kind of $$$$$$............
It will be a REAL EMBARRRASSING day, if this is true, and a '01 Z rips it's head off.......NA'd...............for 1/2 the price.............:eek:

·
Registered
22 Posts
In that price range it sounds to me like we're talking about a C6R, the GT2 class factory racer that would succeed the current C5R. The current C5R has 620hp/495 ft-lb of torque, so I would bet the C6R would have more than that. The C5R also weighs ~2600lb, so the 2800lb figure sounds pretty close to that as well.

-charles.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I think Roger's source is very inaccurate. I really don't believe the C6 Z06 will cost 100K (maybe around 60K) and if it is the C6R he's talking about that's even more impossible as that one will surely cost a lot more than 100K. The C5R costs over 400K.:roll: And like obi pointed out, the C5R has a lot more beef than just 450 hp so it's impossible for the C6R to be that "weak".

I think the current rumor about the C6 Z06 is what Roger said except the price.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Actually, as you may know, the C5R is very limited due to intake restrictions ( I think to make class rules), so the engine itself is much more capable than allowed. Breathing thru a straw would be a fitting analogy.

I actually went to Pratt & Miller (yeah, they dont built the motor itself, that's Katech)and saw the cars... I even saw 2 that were being built for "regular" customers outside of GM racing.;)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well....

If the weight comes down by 300 lbs, it means either liberal use of carbon fiber, aluminun frame, or a massive size reduction. The first two would result in a possible significant price increase, but maybe not if made in huge volumes. Carbon fiber is still pretty hard to mass produce. I don't see cheverolet making a small compact vette, so I am guessing aluminum frame and carbon fiber other places.

at ~2800 lbs and 450 HP this car would have 6.22lbs/HP compared to 3300 lbs and 500HP for the next viper 6.6lbs/HP. I am guessing a few minor mods (just like the Z06) and the HP would rise very quickly. Weight is always the killer of sports cars. I am hoping that the rumor of a lighter corvette is true.

100k is too much, but 60k at 2800lbs and 450HP with an aluminum frame....and nothing could touch the vette in terms of speed and handling for the money (not any new car available in the US anyway!! :)).

·
Registered
171 Posts
Think 2006, oh...about 6.4-liters, 430 maybe even 450hp.
My guess is it will maybe equal the Viper, might be capible of 200mph and probably will be less than 100 grand.

Just guessin, though......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts