Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We will be doing "The Covered Bridges of Southwestern NH." 150 miles of picturesque small towns with early fall colors and about 8 covered bridges. The start is at Joey's Diner located at 1 Craftsman lane in Amherst, NH.

http://www.joeysdiner.com/index.cfm?id=5262&fuseaction=browse&pageid=29

We will have breakfast around 8:30 and hit the road at 9:00 on Saturday Sept 23rd.

We have about ten cars going with most being Corvettes and a few BMW's. We will be doing some "aggresive driving" so if the wife doesn't enjoy that you may want to leave her home.

We will make some stops along the way for some pictures and have lunch in Walpole NH at a pizza place. :cheers: We have done this cruise the last few years and everyone who has attended always has a good time.

Please post or PM me if you are going so we don't leave without you if you are running late. Don't forget the camera's and walkie talkie's if you have them.

John

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
MA ZO6 said:
The start is at Joey's Diner located at 1 Craftsman lane in Amherst, NH.

We will be doing some "aggresive driving" so if the wife doesn't enjoy that you may want to leave her home.

have lunch in Walpole NH at a pizza place.
Dear NH State Police Department,

Please do not pay any attention to this post, above. There will be no Corvettes driving this route, and if there are they will all be obeying the speed limits.

"These are not the Droids you are looking for"...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RocketSled said:
Dear NH State Police Department,

Please do not pay any attention to this post, above. There will be no Corvettes driving this route, and if there are they will all be obeying the speed limits.

"These are not the Droids you are looking for"...

Mental note: Bring get out of jail card just in case. :bang:

John

·
Registered
210 Posts
Count me in as well for now. I will be in either my M5 or an SLK55 Mercedes since my car is going to be under surgery soon for some minor upkeep. Please keep us updated Skip. Thanks again for all your effort and work.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We should have about a dozen people attending as long as the weather holds. I will post by 7:00AM tomorrow if we need to cancel in case of rain in the morning. Make sure and check back then before you head out.

Check your PM TC, I will give you my cell number.

See you then.

John

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well the radar already shows rain in NH so I am going to cancel the event for today. Wet roads and fast cars don't go well together and I would hate to see a accident happen.

I will see if we can pick a date in the next few weeks to do the cruise, I will keep you informed if we do.

John

·
Registered
210 Posts
Sorry to hear this, but I think it is the rigth decision to make John. Not worth someone getting hurt on a wet road. Hopefully, we will reschedule to and maybe get more of a foliage run in.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Oct 28th should work well for me as of now. I have some travelling to do in that time frame but I should be here on that Sat. Hopefully, I'll be able to join you. Thanks again for putting this together John.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry TC but that day just didn't work so I think we will cancel the event for this year. :cry:

We may just do a quick get together sometime and I will post if it happens.

John

1 - 16 of 16 Posts