Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am planing on dipping into 8's so i was going to buy a chrmoly cage from wolf racing which is NHRA legal, if anyone knows anything i will need for 8's please let me know also where to find a rule book, Will i need a fire suppersion system, if i were to hit 7's which will be very possible will i need a chute ( laugh it up i know its stupid) But driving with a chute would be sweet on the street cept for all the xtra attention but any rules or anything would be much appreciated. Thanks Guys ZO6's ARE THE BEST :cheers:
Pete :z:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Just go to NHRA, get a rule book.. You'll need more than a wolf cage..
Anything over 150 needs a chute.

Ernie

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks a lot guys i knew this thread was for real racing opposed to ppl who think their car will be fast in the forced induction thread. Any tips on how to setup suspension also what rims and tires to put on car i need to get the rims to my tuner so he can set up the car for me. Thanks a lot guys.
Pete

·
Registered
392 Posts
Who is doing the work?

How far are you going with suspension mods?

If you are going solid axle in the rear, your wheel and tire options open up.

If you are staying stock suspension then you are limited to 16" wheels and 28" tall Hoosier slick is the most tire you can get on that. CCW sells a full drag package with skinny fronts and the meats for the rears at www.ccwheel.com

Depending on how many 8's you plan to make you may also consider a swap to an A4

8's is very wild for our cars and like I said, very few have done it.

You can see a few of these at the next Vette Doctors Pro 8 Shootout at Englishtown on July 30th.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
REDGAR said:
Who is doing the work?

How far are you going with suspension mods?

If you are going solid axle in the rear, your wheel and tire options open up.

If you are staying stock suspension then you are limited to 16" wheels and 28" tall Hoosier slick is the most tire you can get on that. CCW sells a full drag package with skinny fronts and the meats for the rears at www.ccwheel.com

Depending on how many 8's you plan to make you may also consider a swap to an A4

8's is very wild for our cars and like I said, very few have done it.

You can see a few of these at the next Vette Doctors Pro 8 Shootout at Englishtown on July 30th.
www.nhra.com is the ticket. They have just about everything that you will need. Become a member and they will send you the rule book. I also think you may have to license to run an seven/eight second car. At least I think you do if you race at one of there tracks or compete in an event. I also think your car will need to be teched and certified to run at that e.t. especially the 7 second bracket. The rule book is broken down into sections covering the various classes and what is need if your car runs various e.t.'s.

Hope this helps. I've been away from this for awhile so my info may be a little out of date.

D.J.

·
Registered
390 Posts
MuffinMan said:
Hi i am planing on dipping into 8's so i was going to buy a chrmoly cage from wolf racing which is NHRA legal, if anyone knows anything i will need for 8's please let me know also where to find a rule book, Will i need a fire suppersion system, if i were to hit 7's which will be very possible will i need a chute ( laugh it up i know its stupid) But driving with a chute would be sweet on the street cept for all the xtra attention but any rules or anything would be much appreciated. Thanks Guys ZO6's ARE THE BEST :cheers:
Pete :z:
pretty ambitious project there.[especially 7's]things you wil need? hmmmm,-probably 900-1000 rwhp, bullet proof tranny & rear.an m6 won't do.[auto/straight axle] lose 300 lbs & yes you'll need a chute :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts