Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 03 z on lease and am in line to trade up for 06 when it comes out ...i was wondering if i could add a nitrous kit and remove it without the dealer knowing when i trade it in..

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
a dry shot kit installed into the airbox will come off very easy..

get an aftermarket intake.. then remove it all
there will be a small hole in the trunk where the line comes from the tank .. under the carpet..

other than that.. i don't think they'd know..

i'd feel bad if i sold it to an individual and did not disclose it.. i don't think it hurts motor.. if used properly.. window switch.. WOT switch.. etc.
good luck

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
What he said :NoNo:

·
Registered
842 Posts
Do it ...Theres no problem ...If your worrying about disclosing to the dealer ...Just keep in mind what they dont tell you when you buy a used car from them ... p:cen: 's

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Do it. They don't have to know.

Alex :sneaky:

·
Registered
52 Posts
What happens when you install the nitrous and something goes wrong. Noid sticks open or at a minimum you burn up the clutch. And the clutch will not last long on nitrous. I say don't mod it unless you can afford the aftermath. Nitrous can be installed safely and ran without problems but it can also cause problems. Just be sure to consider both sides of the coin. I speak from experience I ran a 200 direct port shot on my C5. Clutch lasted 2 passes.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I definitely would not do it on a lease vehicle.....Murphy has a way of finding you at the worst times....

·
Registered
290 Posts
Run a 125 shot and only use it when you need it. Use an aftermarket intake and just remove it when you turn it in and be done with it.

Just don't get greedy with it and spray it all day long or use a big shot (175+)

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Want a ZO6 said:
Run a 125 shot and only use it when you need it. Use an aftermarket intake and just remove it when you turn it in and be done with it.

Just don't get greedy with it and spray it all day long or use a big shot (175+)
Good advice. :yeadog:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the advice a mellow shot would keep me happy ...and as far as the clutch goes im no expert but i can bang through the gears pretty good..how many horsepower is the stock z clutch good for before changing it in maybe you are starting in 3rd if u blow it in 2 passes!!!!! I guess i could use the same setup in the 06 when im done anyway

·
Registered
52 Posts
Starting in third??? Come on you have got to be kidding. Even on the street with a 150 shot the clutch will not last long. You might be OK for a while, but it will fail. Nitrous is extremely hard on clutches, you are hitting it with a tremendous amount of torque almost instantly. Yours might last a day, a week or 2 passes like mine. But it will start slipping, and it has no bearing on how well you can bang through the gears. You might also want to consider a window switch. Good luck with whatever you decide.

·
Registered
242 Posts
marlowchris is right on all counts. The factory clutch will not even hold up under a 100 shot. Properly installed nitrous systems spraying 100 shots on a stock motor are relatively safe but bad things can and do happen. If you blow something expensive are you going to pull off the system and expect GM to fix it under warranty?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i am starting to think of just doing a cold air intake i want my clutch to last till i get my new car

1 - 14 of 14 Posts