Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WARNING: This video may cause serious emotional distress to the viewer. :jawdrop: :eek:o: :eek:o: :jawdrop:
Seriously, this is one of the saddest videos I've watched in a long time.

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/videos/showphoto.php/photo/797

This is why you don't use nitrous as a power-adder!! Unfortunately, I don't know the details of this scenario (ie. brand of system NX vs. TNT vs. other, looks like a wet system, size of N20 shot/pill, safety features...window and WOT switch, etc. ) Maybe someone else knows...If so please provide further info. I'm interested to hear from those of you who have nitrous and have claimed it is relatively safe to spray a Z. :screwy:
I suspect in this case, there was activation of the nitrous at too low of an engine rpm.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
I sprayed my Z safely for over a year, this is a sad case though, but to generalize that nitrous is bad is :screwy: Heck any thing is dangerous if not used properly even a tooth brush :lol:

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
:yeadog: :yeadog: :yeadog: :yeadog:
tabratton said:
I sprayed my Z safely for over a year, this is a sad case though, but to generalize that nitrous is bad is :screwy: Heck any thing is dangerous if not used properly even a tooth brush :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
I think there are now 3 threads going on all discussing this video.. :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
MYZO6 said:
WARNING: This video may cause serious emotional distress to the viewer. :jawdrop: :eek:o: :eek:o: :jawdrop:
Seriously, this is one of the saddest videos I've watched in a long time.

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/videos/showphoto.php/photo/797

This is why you don't use nitrous as a power-adder!! Unfortunately, I don't know the details of this scenario (ie. brand of system NX vs. TNT vs. other, looks like a wet system, size of N20 shot/pill, safety features...window and WOT switch, etc. ) Maybe someone else knows...If so please provide further info. I'm interested to hear from those of you who have nitrous and have claimed it is relatively safe to spray a Z. :screwy:
I suspect in this case, there was activation of the nitrous at too low of an engine rpm.
What a shame.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts