Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys..For all of you that know me, know I am a racing freak. :zboobie: :p ..So, I am looking to give it some juice, but only if it is safe..So, I need some advice from the experts.

To cut to the point, I want to know a few things, please.

1) How safe it is to run a 100 shot of nitrous on my 2001 Z06 that has ~48K miles?

2) If it is indeed safe, is it easy to take off the car once the lease is due next August? Is it possible to take the nitrous off in a way that the dealer will be totally be unaware that it was installed prior to returning the car?

Thanks guys!..:cheers:

Fadi

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Is the cobra worring you? :p :lol:

I suppose you had the car for a few years, August is right around the corner, why bother! IF it was yours to keep i think a 100shot would be fine and well spent money for power :jammin:

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
COUTO1981 said:
Is the cobra worring you? :p :lol:

I suppose you had the car for a few years, August is right around the corner, why bother! IF it was yours to keep i think a 100shot would be fine and well spent money for power :jammin:

The lease is up NEXT august..not this one coming up.

But is it safe? I mean, a 100 shot with 48K miles? And if so..can I take it off w/o the dealership knowing about it?

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Zlicious said:
The lease is up NEXT august..not this one coming up.

But is it safe? I mean, a 100 shot with 48K miles? And if so..can I take it off w/o the dealership knowing about it?

sorry I thought was this coming up August, Im pretty sure its safe, as long as nothing goes wrong with the car then Im sure the dealer wont check much, So you'll buy it this summer and take off next summer, I'll be ready for more power by then, You'll have a buyer for the used system... :yeadog:

btw, what are you thinking of getting once the lease is up?

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
Fadi,
Talk to Tony (Holedgr) about what holes you would have to fill or parts to replace after a 100 wetshot removal! I saw his install and I think it's doable!!
Looking to improve your 1320's at the Fest?? :sneaky:

Ken

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
COUTO1981 said:
sorry I thought was this coming up August, Im pretty sure its safe, as long as nothing goes wrong with the car then Im sure the dealer wont check much, So you'll buy it this summer and take off next summer, I'll be ready for more power by then, You'll have a buyer for the used system... :yeadog:

btw, what are you thinking of getting once the lease is up?
Hey buddy..Thanks for the info.

I am actually looking to get into a C6 Z.. :thumb:

BTW, great times for a stock car..you must be a helluva driver ;)

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kens06 said:
Fadi,
Talk to Tony (Holedgr) about what holes you would have to fill or parts to replace after a 100 wetshot removal! I saw his install and I think it's doable!!
Looking to improve your 1320's at the Fest?? :sneaky:

Ken
Hey buddy...Yes, that was onw thing I needed to talk to someone about..the parts I need to replace afterwards. I will PM him asap.

As far as the fest..you betcha.. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Zlicious said:
Hey buddy..Thanks for the info.

I am actually looking to get into a C6 Z.. :thumb:

BTW, great times for a stock car..you must be a helluva driver ;)
not really, I cheated with Drag radials :D

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Fadi.....I think you'l like the juice. Go with a dry shot. Simple. Easy to install. Fuel system will easily handle it. Z ya later pulled a 11.62 last year spinning in 3 gears with Nitto's. Will not say what I've pulled with my 100 shot, but it was fun and a cage is necessary, I will say that!!:sneaky: I may be pullin my kit off soon. I would hook ya up if interested. I have a ll the bells and whistles, safety wise.

All in all......the type of racing you do....:sneaky:.....the juice is for you.

-Tony

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
100 shot dry only and it can be removed so the dealer will never know it was there. I say go for it. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
IT L GO said:
100 shot dry only and it can be removed so the dealer will never know it was there. I say go for it. :cheers:
DONE!!!!!... :yeadog:

Tony, please let me know when you get that dry kit off, if you are doing so.

What parts do I have to replace after taking the kit off and returning the car?

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
I think Tony's was a wet system!!
But,
I believe they make a plug for the TB coupler where the NOS jet will be installed. Hell a new coupler is only $20!!
I guess it just depends on how you are going to mount the bottle and route the tube from the bottle to the TB!! The activation switch will be another question depending on how clean you want the cockpit to look while you still have the car!!

Can't wait to see the finished product in July! :thumb:

Ken

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Remember, it's a 2001 and has almost 50,000 on the motor.

I think you may have a big problem putting that much pressure on the rings.....UNLESS, it's been reringed by GM.

My 2001 heads & cam Z(450 rwhp) just started burning a ton of oil under acceleration :mah:

It's got 27,000 miles on it and I track it a couple of times a year.....happened all of a sudden at Spring MTN. track in Pahrump, NV. Prior oil consumption was 1 qt in 3,000 miles.....

If you haven't had it reringed, it probabily won't now be covered by a GM warranty.....even if they don't know about the nitrous. It's just wear and tear and normal for a car with that kinda mileage.....

In my case, a C5R engine project will be starting soon.....engine builder says 700 BHP is very possible :usa:

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
01ZEE06 said:
Remember, it's a 2001 and has almost 50,000 on the motor.

I think you may have a big problem putting that much pressure on the rings.....UNLESS, it's been reringed by GM.

My 2001 heads & cam Z(450 rwhp) just started burning a ton of oil under acceleration :mah:

It's got 27,000 miles on it and I track it a couple of times a year.....happened all of a sudden at Spring MTN. track in Pahrump, NV. Prior oil consumption was 1 qt in 3,000 miles.....

If you haven't had it reringed, it probabily won't now be covered by a GM warranty.....even if they don't know about the nitrous. It's just wear and tear and normal for a car with that kinda mileage.....

In my case, a C5R engine project will be starting soon.....engine builder says 700 BHP is very possible :usa:
Did you have oil problems prior to the HC? I never nad a oil problem in my car. I know a lot of 01's do, I luckily did not have that problem.

My biggest fear is the car having almost 50K miles on it..I just need to be rest assured that it is safe to put a 100 shot on a 50K mile car.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kens06 said:
I think Tony's was a wet system!!
But,
I believe they make a plug for the TB coupler where the NOS jet will be installed. Hell a new coupler is only $20!!
I guess it just depends on how you are going to mount the bottle and route the tube from the bottle to the TB!! The activation switch will be another question depending on how clean you want the cockpit to look while you still have the car!!

Can't wait to see the finished product in July! :thumb:

Ken
Hey Ken, exactly what I was thinking. If I need to drill a whole in the coupler I can just buy another coupler..no big deal.

As far as the switch, ya..I am gonna have to think of a way to mount it and all. Man, it would have been easier and less stress free if i owned the car rather than leased it..:lol:

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
No problems before or after the H & C(except, since the end of February).....The heads and cam have been in the car for about 2 1/2 years.....it would use about a quart every 3,000 miles, which is pretty normal. However, the oil was always pretty black....even with oil changes at less than 3,000 miles.

I drive it very hard on the track(and street, every chance I get : -)).....did some drag racing when I first got the car, but started breaking parts....maybe 20 runs tops.

Then I decide to track it and I drive it 10/10th's at the track. I had the best time that weekend at Spring Mtn. in the intermediate class @ 1:59. Best time in advance group was 1:49, but those guys are more experienced drivers and are running on racing rubber. I've got a lot of suspension and brake mods.....car handles fantastic....

Anyway a couple of guys commented on the oil blow by coming from the exhaust and it shows up on the rear end of the car, and when I get on it and look in the rear view mirror I can see some smoke. I'm using Lucas oil stabilizer.....until the new engine is installed.

Well, you probabily won't have a problem as these engines with good rings can handle upwards of 600 rwhp with stock internals.....at least that's what I've been told.

BUT, with almost 50,000 miles and having the problem rings in there (it's the #2 ring that "flutters.") no one can totally assure you you won't have a problem.

A lot guys will say go for it, but if she breaks, they won't be there for you. Could cost you a bundle to fix.

Maybe you could start with a 50 shot and see how it goes!!
Better yet, talk to some tuners and see what they think.

HTH,

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
01ZEE06 said:
A lot guys will say go for it, but if she breaks, they won't be there for you. Could cost you a bundle to fix.

Maybe you could start with a 50 shot and see how it goes!!
Better yet, talk to some tuners and see what they think.

HTH,

:cheers:
If something breaks, I am coming after everyone that told me it is ok..:lol:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Zlicious said:
If something breaks, I am coming after everyone that told me it is ok..:lol:
I'll be ready for you and I have a Trunk Monkey :rofl:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts