Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im interested in putting nitrous on my car. I am considering the NX direct port system(NXL) with maybe a 100-150 shot, or the NX Dual Stage System. WHich do you prefer and why? Id like to keep it as stealth as possible also. I am new to nitrous, and need to know everything that im going to need. Thanks

·
Registered
290 Posts
Nick,

I think people have had most luck with the TNT F1 kit on the LS6 engine. Its a wet kit that will supply 100-150rwhp. If you go with a 100 shot it will equal to about 125rwhp. With a 100shot you would be safe with a set of NGK TR6 plugs at the proper gap.

For safety you would want to also get a window switch and a bottle heater to keep the bottle pressure up.

CraZEE Z06 put a 100shot on his basically stock Z06 and put down 494rwhp on the rollers. :jammin:

I havent' heard much about NXL direct port system. I think they were having problems when it first came out but haven't heard many users that have had them put on. Good luck with it and let us know how it turns out. :)

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Everything Want a ZO6 is dead on.

I made awesome power with a tnt wet kit 100 shot.
494rwhp 565rwtq. My air fuel was DEAD on too at 11.7 on the juice. I used exactly the jets that tnt recommened for the 100 shot.

USE a MSD window switch. Set it to spray above 3k and cut off spray at 6400.
Also use a WOT switch. Only sprays when your WOT.
I use ngk tr6 plugs gapped at .35
Get a good bottle heater and spray at 1000psi.

My N/A a/f was 11.3 and made 367rwhp and 364rwtq.

Only mods are halltech stinger r intake
GHL catback.

Next up... My headers sitting in the garage go in and maybe a cam. :cheers:

·
Registered
338 Posts
I had a NXL kit on my Trans Am and plan to on switching it over to the Z06. I loved the kit! On my basicly otherwise stock bolton trans am on the 120 pills I was trapping 120+mph in the 1/4 mile...... this is in a A4 by the way also. Great kit, only thing i didn't like was the pills sizes, they are 80, 120, 180. Nothing in between but that can be fixed with a duel stage system. Anyways I have never seen a kit make a car run so hard, I was able to take down my friend 450front wheel integra down from a highway roll which I thought was nuts. Anyways good luck!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Nothing wrong with the kits stated above. One more kit to check out would be the 5177 NOS dry kit. In my web site in sig is installed pics on my '97 also have same kit on Z06. In links section are some threads on the wet vs dry thing and much more info/pics concerning n2o and vettes. Remember, knowledge is power and allows one to make a decision that meets his/her needs. Have fun with the giggle gas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts