Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a slow leak in one of my F1's and am looking to get some new tires. Now I did a search and spent what seemed like hours reading opinions on tires, but I'm just wondering if anyone is using the Nitto 555RII's yet? How are they for street driving time? Also, will a 305/35-18 fit on the stock rear Z06 rim? Thanks for any help, as I will need to decide on some new rear tires really soon. Any other suggestions would help as well.

Thank You,
Derrick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,040 Posts
They fit fine on stock rims. Everyone running them in here love'em, myself included. Won't last as long as stock tires, but it brings the car's performance to a whole new level.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,040 Posts
Actually seeing your HP, I would recommend the Drag Radials in the rear. Handle like stock, stick like glue. I love mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,281 Posts
I suggest you do a search on Nitto 555RII's. There are alot of us running them with great success.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
MikeyB said:
Actually seeing your HP, I would recommend the Drag Radials in the rear. Handle like stock, stick like glue. I love mine.
Love mine too ! BIG difference over F1's :yeadog:


Rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
346 Posts
Nitto 555R2's are a worth while change even if your F1's are still good. They grip like mad and are quite a bit quieter than the Goodyears.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
So, seriously, how bad are they in the wet? I'm also looking for new tires, and I understand the Toyo RA-1's are used as wet racing tires at full tread depth. Thoughts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,040 Posts
BBaxR6 said:
So, seriously, how bad are they in the wet? I'm also looking for new tires, and I understand the Toyo RA-1's are used as wet racing tires at full tread depth. Thoughts?
I've heard they are actually good in the rain new, but at 6/32nds tread new, they won't be good in the rain long.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,152 Posts
MikeyB said:
I've heard they are actually good in the rain new, but at 6/32nds tread new, they won't be good in the rain long.
:yeadog:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,166 Posts
Yep, what the boys said. Stick like glue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone. I ordered mine today thanks to all your reviews. I can't wait to see how they work.

Thanks,
Derrick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
344 Posts
Hello Derrick,

Good choice, I'm shure you will be happy with them. I love mine.

Just be advised to put at least 50 miles on them to scuff them up before going gonzo as they are a bit greasy out of the mold.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
895 Posts
Arnoldir said:
Hello Derrick,

Good choice, I'm shure you will be happy with them. I love mine.

Just be advised to put at least 50 miles on them to scuff them up before going gonzo as they are a bit greasy out of the mold.
Thanks for the tip!

I have a set in the garage waiting to go on before the Fest.

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
I have them on my car and after approximately 8,000 miles they are down to the wear bars. I did speed up the wear on them after spending an afternoon at Gingerman.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top