Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, its tire time for me.... after 30,000 wonderful miles.
I do a lot of racing and wanted to know if anybody was familiar with the Nitto NT-555R Extreme Drag Radials or any other drag radial? I'm looking for something that has highway capability's and is ready to hook hard at about 3 to 4 thousand rpms. I would greatly appreciate some input....Thanks :thumb:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've had excellent luck with the BFG g-force drag radials. They wear out in 3-4K miles, but they're fine for freeway driving (I go 250 miles r/t to the nearest dragstrip) and they hook incredibly well at the 'strip. I've pulled a 1.62 60 in a 4850lb car with those tires :)

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
If you do a search on Drag Radials I think you'll be able to read some informative threads from some other Z06 owners. With a Z06 on stock rims, the main choices are BFG or Nitto 555R. They are both very good drag tires.

But For some guys here even thats not enough, so If you are really serious about the track, you could also look into getting a separate wheel/tire package, then you could run ET streets.

I'd run with some Nittos first and then maybe see if you want to whole hog on the ET's later.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
BFG's hook better than Nitto's are dangerous in the wet and have very short thread life. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
blackflash02 said:
Well, its tire time for me.... after 30,000 wonderful miles.
I do a lot of racing and wanted to know if anybody was familiar with the Nitto NT-555R Extreme Drag Radials or any other drag radial? I'm looking for something that has highway capability's and is ready to hook hard at about 3 to 4 thousand rpms. I would greatly appreciate some input....Thanks :thumb:
I believe you have it correct. The 555 r tires by nitto are probably the tire your looking for. The will make a good street tire on dry pavement and hook well at the track. The bfg's will hook better but will not make nearly as good a street tire. Obviously you need to take more caution in the rain but they will be fine. 1.6x's on the strip and hook great on the street.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts