Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Nittos R2s for 3500 miles and they are already worn down to the indicator bars. I was barely able to squeeze 9500 miles out of the F1s before they were useless.

Just wanting to see how long all you others are getting out of the nittos. I've read that they are supposed to last 7-10k miles.

I didn't think my driving style was that aggressive. I rarely spin the tires from a stop, I usually just baby it around town.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
So far 4000 miles and plenty left. I see you are in Vegas, maybe the warmer road temps make for quicker tire wear. Just a guess.

·
Registered
562 Posts
i got 4k out of mine and their done.

pj

·
Registered
971 Posts
I have 4k on mine and probably will get at least another 4k. I drive it to the limit. Mine were heat cycled. I highly recommend that.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Whatever I get, I don't care. Just want to throw that in. The same tires will be going back on.

·
Registered
220 Posts
So Soon?

"I was barely able to squeeze 9500 miles out of the F1s before they were useless."

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

The majority of Z owners get upwards of 15-20K on their F1's.
Factors such as air pressure, climate, driving habits all play a part. I live in the Miami area and my F1's went right up to 20K before I got my Nitto's. I probably have 1k on them and am not in a position to comment on their wear. Did either your F1's or Nitto's wear unevenly?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
DoubleDown said:
I've had my Nittos R2s for 3500 miles and they are already worn down to the indicator bars. I was barely able to squeeze 9500 miles out of the F1s before they were useless.
I'm up to 15K on my stock F1's & I've made several passes on them at the track. I think they still have a few thou left in them as well.
Ron

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I have about 4k on mine and have plenty of wear left in them. If your only getting 9k out of the GY's and 4k out of the Nittos, either your driving harder than you think or that desert heat has something to do with it. I'm willing to bet it's the latter since I did a stint in Phoenix for some years and can attest to the intense heat.

Jim

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Its best to change nittos every 6K miles to maintain a good comprimise between traction and life. However on this set i am approaching 9K and only now is it necessary to change them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts