Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to go with the Nitto555RII but I'm concerned about the tire sizes available may screw up A/H or rolling performance. Sizes are 275/40-17 and 305/35-18 and will be mounted on stock wheels.

Nitto owners please comment.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Had the exact sames sizes mounted on the 4th.

No issues to date and a HUGE improvement over the F1's with 13,000 miles on them.

Steve

·
Registered
996 Posts
BEST. MOD. EVAR. :D

I've got them on for about a month and a half, and I love 'em!

Now I understand why "Now What" kept raving about them!

Oh, and no problem whatsoever about AH/TC.

Geoff

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Dang! I wish my SC's would wear out so I can buy me a set. :bmad:

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cave Man said:
Dang! I wish my SC's would wear out so I can buy me a set. :bmad:
Burnout's :yeadog:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Your gonna love em'! :jammin:

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Jofu said:
BEST. MOD. EVAR. :D

Now I understand why "Now What" kept raving about them!

Oh, and no problem whatsoever about AH/TC.

Geoff
:sneaky: Ha ! ... :guiness:

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks all for your comments. :guiness:
I ordered a set of Nitto 555RII's on Friday and I can't wait to get them on the Z :jammin:

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Question: do the 555RII's improve cornering as well as straight line traction? If so, is it noticable SOTP?

I don't have any straight line traction issues due to reduced power from elevation effects, but I would like improved lateral acceleration when it's finally time for my OEM tires to go.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Red Kelly said:
I've decided to go with the Nitto555RII but I'm concerned about the tire sizes available may screw up A/H or rolling performance. Sizes are 275/40-17 and 305/35-18 and will be mounted on stock wheels.

Nitto owners please comment.
Red, sent you an email. Curious to find out where your getting them and at what cost.

Your going to love them. They GRIP like they have claws on the pavement, especially in warmer weather. I know a local aquantance with just over 500 rwhp Z, and when he nails it, it makes the F1's feel like your driving on ice!

novetteyet said:
Question: do the 555RII's improve cornering as well as straight line traction? If so, is it noticable SOTP?

I don't have any straight line traction issues due to reduced power from elevation effects, but I would like improved lateral acceleration when it's finally time for my OEM tires to go.
The RII's are basically a 555R's, but with a stiff sidewall like a road racing tire. Great tires that will grip in a straight line as well as in a turn. But remember, with a stiff sidewall, in theory at least, straight line grip may be compromised to a small degree.

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
novetteyet said:

Check out http://www.nittotire.com/tires_555r2.asp

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
tlaselva said:
Red, sent you an email. Curious to find out where your getting them and at what cost.
Tony, I bought them through discount tire on-line. Fronts were $177, rears $309 with a $50 rebate.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
novetteyet said:
Big Time. You'll notice a huge improvement in cornering, as these are tires designed for road racing. The suspension on the Z really works well with this sticky tire. In fact if you get the Nittos hot, you'll find that the suspension may give up in a fast corner before these tires do. They just hold on.

As far a cost, you should be able to get a set mounted and balanced on your car for around $1K if you find a tire shop that will work with you. After all, after about 10K miles, you'll be back...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Now what said:
Big Time. You'll notice a huge improvement in cornering, as these are tires designed for road racing. The suspension on the Z really works well with this sticky tire. In fact if you get the Nittos hot, you'll find that the suspension may give up in a fast corner before these tires do. They just hold on.

I agree,
you will be pleased with these tires. Outstanding.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Now what said:
Cool - sounds like just what I want.

My only potential issue is that I have a short (~ 500 ft) steeply uphill dirt road to get to my house. It's not a problem with the OEM GY tires. Hopefully the Nittos would be OK with it, but it's always hard to know until I've tried it :-/

1 - 20 of 26 Posts