Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Vette Doctors Pro 8 Shootout presented by Neverlift Racecraft is a heads-up class for Corvettes only. You can partake in the Pro 8 by simply signing up for the East Coast Supercharging Corvette Challenge presented by Romar Fabrication and entering the race and qualify with one of the 8 quickest elapsed times in the ¼ mile. Aren’t quick enough? No problem! You can race in the Bracket Race where any ET is good or you can just come and watch the racing.

The Pro 8 promises to be the quickest of the season with Angelo Valla and John Gorman in the eights and Paul Ziajski knocking on the door. Several 9-second cars will be in attendance and still others knocking on the door of the nine’s.

These are the quickest Corvettes in the East…….

Complete information and rules can be found at http://corvettechallenge.info/pro8.php
If you have never been, you won’t want to miss this.

When: Saturday July 30, 2005 gates open at 9 AM
Where: Old Bridge Township Raceway Park www.racewaypark.com
Who: Anybody with a Vette can race, anybody can watch
Cost: Race entry fee for Brackets $30,
Race Entry fee for Pro 8 FREE with entry to the brackets
(plus you have to be a season points racer so that is $30 if you have not signed up)
Spectator: $15

Paul Ziajski 9.00 twin turbo Vette and the current points leader in the Pro 8

Mark Shaw (C3) and Mike Conway (C5) 9-second Vettes

John Gorman C5R 427 Nitrous Vette

·
Registered
265 Posts
Do you remember where the track is?
Haven't sen you there in a while....

I'm trying to make it, but its not looking good we're going to the shore, its on the way, but my wife refuses to sit on a tire for 2 hours. :-? I'm done trying racing on street tires for a while, it's too frustrating. I'm definite for the next one though, I'll sneak away from the beach to come... :)

Dave

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Z06-Dave said:
Do you remember where the track is?
Haven't sen you there in a while....

I'm trying to make it, but its not looking good we're going to the shore, its on the way, but my wife refuses to sit on a tire for 2 hours. :-? I'm done trying racing on street tires for a while, it's too frustrating. I'm definite for the next one though, I'll sneak away from the beach to come... :)

Dave
Let's see, beach...track. Beach....track. That's a no brainer...beach all the way! :thumb:

Don

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
REDGAR said:
Don hopefully this is the only bad decision you make this weekend ;)
Don't get me wrong, Edgar. I love drag racing.

But let's be rational, this is summer in the northeast, sooo... would I rather be watching young nubile woman in scanty bikini's lathering themselve with sun tan oil :zboobie: , or talking to grown men with day old beads about how slick the track is? :D Would I rather be sitting near the water in 85-90 degree heat, able to go and jump in to cool off and perhaps go bogey boarding, or standing in 85-90 degree heat on a hot black tarmac, waiting to get in a hot car and drive 10-11 seconds, and then waiting an hour in the sun to do this over again? :ity: Hmmm, tough choice. :lol:

See you all on the beach. :thumb:

Don

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Don Benson said:
or standing in 85-90 degree heat on a hot black tarmac, waiting to get in a hot car and drive 10-11 seconds

10 seconds? Did you get a new car? Or a new driver? :p :rofl:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don just go to the beach on Sunday

Just not this Sunday cause The Vette Doctors Pro 8 is back in action Sunday Aug 7th and you want to check that out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts