Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I have a black 2001 Z06 and I'm interested to start make modification to my Z06. However, since I've never been a practical person before, I would like to start with the most easiest modification that I can do. For example, something that you can do using tools that people have generally at home such as wrenches, screwdrivers, etc.

Can someone point me on what will be the most simplest but yet effective modification that you can do to your Z06 (to improve the HP or the torque)?

Thank you in advance,
Tambeng

:z:

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
FRC Tom said:

The most bang for the buck. :)
No, the most bang for the buck would go "spish, spish" when you purged it out the hood....:p

I agree with the others here, induction work is a great starting place....swap out that stock row-boat oar-shifter for a Ripper also :)

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for the reply.

Any input on what will be the easiest and best replacement intake to use in the Z06?

Tambeng.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Uh oh! Take cover!

Most ppl use either the Halltech T1 or the Vortex Unit and power bridge.

IMHO, I use the Halltech cause it looks damn cool and makes power, that makes me happy. Others swear by the Vortex and its a good unit too. That's what it boils down to, get whatever you feel you will be happy with.

JC

·
Registered
47 Posts
JC

Do you like the sidewinder or the other one that requires cutting the shroud? Which makes more power?

Thanks!

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Tambeng:

Ditto on the intake for a first mod.

Anticipating your next question....what next? Change the exhaust pipes/mufflers. To do this safely, and most easily, the car should be on a hoist. Some of the most popular choices are Corsa, B&B, Bassani, and Borla. Check with our supporting vendors for more info on pricing, availability, etc. :cheers:

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
575 Posts
I'd hold off for a week or two and take a look at the new VaraRam Ram Air System. Have seen it in the magazines and talked to the folks at VaraRam. I am waiting to see this system before I do any air intake on my new 2002 ZO6.
Bob

·
Registered
906 Posts
Modifications

Do a full plan on what you want to eventually end up with. Then, start modifying your car. It can be very costly to start modifying one direction and decide mid stream to go another direction. If you have a goal of 1/4mile time, rwhp, rwtq or time on a road course then plan for that. If you are just looking for simple "bolt-on" mods for street use then go that direction.

Either way airbox/filter changes the easiest.

BTW, I haven't welcomed you to the Forum (as others certainly have before me). WELCOME.:cheers:

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
For easy installation - how about the CAGS defeat? Took me only five minutes, and no more annoying 1-4 skip shift :)

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Manatee,

Where can I buy CAGS defeat? Yes, that's really a very annoying and stupid feature I think from a Z06. (sorry for expressing my frustration on this one) :lol:

Thank you,
Victor Tanaya

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Nah, CAGS is great. Saves us from a gas-guzzler tax, and takes only a few minutes to get rid of the damn thing :)

My 96 F-body came with CAGS too, but it, umm, broke on my car within about 2 hours of me getting it home. You can use a 2Kohm power resistor that you can get from radio shack for a buck or two to disable the CAGS. There are instuctions around the net for doing this - alternately, places sell kits to do the same thing, but you'll pay more for the kit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts