Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are two C6's sitting at different dealerships with fuel sending unit problems. One car has 126 miles on the odometer. The dealers cannot get parts to make the repair. All sending units are for the new cars on the assembly line.
HMMMMMMMMMMMMM, fuel sending unit, isn't this an on going problem of years past?

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
First I've heard of ths on the C6.

Have over 8,000 on mine, trouble free, happy miles. :D

·
Registered
806 Posts
Tony Skarbic said:
There are two C6's sitting at different dealerships with fuel sending unit problems. One car has 126 miles on the odometer. The dealers cannot get parts to make the repair. All sending units are for the new cars on the assembly line.
HMMMMMMMMMMMMM, fuel sending unit, isn't this an on going problem of years past?
I would be HOT!!!!! :flaming: :mad:

·
Registered
815 Posts
Big surprise! There is a C6 sitting waiting for a 5/6 driven gear; original was cracked which was discovered when the tranny was torn down to replace a defective second gear synchro. Been sitting 3+ weeks now. Well the call yesterday was that the manufacturer was not sure they were gonna release that part as an individual part. They say they will know in 24-48 hours whether they can get the part or are gonna have to replace the whole transmission. Life is too short to get pissy and I know from past experience it usually has the opposite effect you are going for. Texas has a 30 day out of service Lemon law however. What's a man to do?
Doc E.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Dr.Electron said:
That's great and good for you. Hope that when you do have a problem that the part involved are available in a timely fashion.
Doc E.

It's a new car, and they are building them in quantity. This parts shortage for used/repaired cars then is no surprise.

That said, one of the things GM could do to really make Corvette the equal of Porsche and BMW is to have separate Corvette-only dealers with Corvette-only service depts that are spot on, all the time. This could be done within the current framework of dealers but would require some physical plant and staffing changes, and smaller dealers would have to get out of the Corvette business. I think we could live with only 80 or 100 Corvette dealers nationwide if they were very, very good.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Zippy said:
Currently have over 8,400 happy, trouble free miles on C6.

Zippy :) :)
My 04 has been to the dealer once, and that was just for some window noise. These are among the most reliable sports cars in the world, IMHO.

·
Registered
815 Posts
quickZ said:
It's a new car, and they are building them in quantity. This parts shortage for used/repaired cars then is no surprise.

That said, one of the things GM could do to really make Corvette the equal of Porsche and BMW is to have separate Corvette-only dealers with Corvette-only service depts that are spot on, all the time. This could be done within the current framework of dealers but would require some physical plant and staffing changes, and smaller dealers would have to get out of the Corvette business. I think we could live with only 80 or 100 Corvette dealers nationwide if they were very, very good.
I agree with the need for a separate dealer network but I say BS to the parts shortage. We are the people who have already laid down the money. Why should a car sit out of service for a month so they can have enough parts to make new cars to sell to other people. Especially with a new platform and the anticipated bugs and defects. The car has been out for almost a year and there are still no sending units for existing owners. No 5/6 driven gears. What if the new Z has such delays in parts and you go thru a set of their exotic brake pads with none available for 2 months. Such is life but with the mentality i am seeing it is no wonder GM is starting to get glimpses of the outer edge of the drain.
Doc E.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts