Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my buddy’s climate control unit this weekend on his ’98 coupe and after the install the cigarette lighters no longer work. Both of them where loose before the install and we screwed them back down to the backing tube so they would be tight in the console.

We checked all the fuses and none of them where blown, so I’m at a loss why they are no longer working. Is there a fuse in-line somewhere behind the console?

I’m really interested in any ideas you guys have.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I had this issue and it came down to the plug in behind the cigarette lighter working it's way loose. Pull the console apart and it should be that this is the fix. Hope this helps good luck.:z:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies.

I took the one in the center console out and made sure it was plugged in all the way. Still no power.

Do any of you know which fuses are the lighter fuses?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
ack.Z06 said:
Thanks for the replies.

I took the one in the center console out and made sure it was plugged in all the way. Still no power.

Do any of you know which fuses are the lighter fuses?
I *think* it's 1 and 7, they're in the fuse box under the passenger kick plate, they're 20's. But they're independent, the fuse for the ash tray lighter blew in my z 2 weeks ago, but the lighter in the center console still worked.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts