Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropped off the S-10 toy truck for routine maintenance at the local Chevy dealer this afternoon, and asked a salesman about their Z06 allocation.....no idea yet on allocations, but they are planning on a $25K mark-up :jawdrop: ......on top of their $75K sticker guesstimate....

I told him "you guys are crazy, and you do realize people are going to be in touch with every major dealer across the country to get their best price and take museum delivery, don't you?"......

like a deer caught in the headlights...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
520 Posts
As far am I'm concerened, forum members are a small percentage of actually corvette owners. That being said, there's always some numbskull with so much money that he's willing to pay dealer markup just so he can have it first.

Just so I don't get flamed, I have nothing wrong with people who can afford it, but I honestly believe and know that savvy car buyers can avoid that needless cost. $$ Talks

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Savvy car buyer here. :D

Friends don't let friends pay markup. :guiness:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Mark me down as Savvy or with a C5 with my own 427 :z:

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
That's for sure that people are too smart now a days. I swear that these car salesmen are just gettin dumber and dumber. I bought my car sight unseen out of a dealers showroom and delivered on a roll back to my door. How? Internet. Plus he took a bundle off. All the dealers around here were marking up. Count me among the more savvy buyers. :yeadog:

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Wait for 6 months and see how much markup are on them after the first batch is gone, zip. The old incentives and $7500 off sticker will be back soon. Once you dangle the carrot and get bites, hard to go back to just thinking we will walk in and throw our blank checks down. My .02

Jack

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
:yeadog:

·
Registered
240 Posts
I dont even thing the msrp will be that high. I expect 59k and if that is too high, then wait a year and you might get one in low 50s...
thats what i expect.
base 59k (15k more then C6)
loaded 64k..(almost 20k more then C6)

Thats sounds about right to me
and that is going to be if GM wants to sell them!

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Sounds good. I'm hoping the same also.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Saw the same crap when the ZR1 came out....Same crap when the Z06 first came out...Same crap with the new Z....It will pass............ :yeadog:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts