Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Called the day I got back home and spoke with sales manager about the missing window sticker.
I thought it was on the passenger seat when I
originally inspected the car, but it was dark inside the car, especially with all the exterior lights. I was actually more concerned with what looked like buff marks in the paint. The car was poorly prepped. Since, I did not want to take delivery until Saturday they "cleaned" the car again supposedly by the body shop and took $500 off to sweeten the deal.

The s.m.explained that some Z06s arrived without window stickers and that the window sticker could be duplicated if lost. Is this true?

First Corvette, still have my trucks.

Thanks Doc

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
FWIW, either your dealer is feeding you a line of :bs: or the car was not INITIALLY invoiced and shipped to that dealer by the factory. If a dealer "buys" a car from different dealer, and "resell" it , that car's factory window sticker, for reasons unknown to me, generally is removed from dealer to dealer. The good news is that also means the car should be exempt from luxury tax, BUT in-service date for warranty purposes goes by when the first dealer sold the car (to the second dealer). I think the later is likely the reason why the window sticker has disappeared. Either that or the car was initially sold to another customer, the car got PDI'd and then the deal fell through.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Bulls%#T! They all come with window stickers. More than likely the lot guy who botched the wash job on your car also destroyed your window sticker by using his same highly skilled talents. The dealership can order a duplicate. I am waiting for one myself because they ripped mine.

carzzy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
17 miles however ......

since I took delivery of it while I was out of state on other business I chose to drive it home.

Looked at a '02 Blk/Blk on Sat. 10/26 in Va. Beach, VA they started at $10k over sticker and I held my offer to sticker - left with NO car. They generously came down to only $4k over.

Located one in Charlotte,NC '02 QS/Blk and it had just been sold on Tuesday Oct. 29, 01.

Located '02 Blk/Blk in Fredericksburg, MD on Tues. originally told 'thought' it was sold. Gave them my # and they called about 45 minutes later. We agreed on the price on the phone and he faxed me a credit appl'n to my work. Faxed credit appl'n in 2 times and called several times on Wed. Last call to the sales mngr "confirmed" the car was sold to me - he said.
Thursday AM spoke with another credit/sales mngr that reported the car WAS sold and delivered the night prior(Wed) and he had NO knowledge of my interest in the car.
Located the one I purchased in Jackson, MS on Fri. Nov. 2, drove it back to NC on Nov. 3 only 12 hours. That was my 2nd ride in a Corvette; first one in 1975 in a '691/2 (factory 454).

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
It is a Fed. law that all new cars are sold with a window sticker in the window of the car. All used cars have to have a "As Is Sticker" in the window as well. Some cars are shipped from the fac. with a blank window sticker and the dealer is not to put the car on line for sale untill the filled out sticker arrives. I would say that yours was, if it was a new car taken off by the cleanup dept. and destroyed removeing it. I would ask for a replacement sticker. Did they tell you what MSRP was on the car and how was it equipped?:)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Rick Daniel said:
It is a Fed. law that all new cars are sold with a window sticker in the window of the car.
My dealer refuses to remove the window sticker unless I give them permission. They also say it is against the law!! :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts