Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ! I just bought a 04 z06 with a brand new built ls3 and 6 speed transmission and rear end. After driving it for a bit I noticed a sort of faint spinning grinding noise which seems to be coming somewhere under the shifter . It’s there when idling and when foot is on the clutch . It’s not loud at all it’s just enough to bug my paranoid ass!! I’ve seen on other forms it normal for all these cars but i didn’t really notice it on my stock z06 a few years ago . I’ve got a hurst short shift and a McLeod street twin disc clutch .
thanks !

·
Registered
LS7 based custom block and heads, all engineering and tuning by myself. N/A 93 oct pump gas. 720 HP
10 Posts
Should not do it with aftermarket clutch. Stocks were pretty noisy. Never heard it being a problem but should disappear with clutch depressed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello ! I just bought a 04 z06 with a brand new built ls3 and 6 speed transmission and rear end. After driving it for a bit I noticed a sort of faint spinning grinding noise which seems to be coming somewhere under the shifter . It’s there when idling and when foot is on the clutch . It’s not loud at all it’s just enough to bug my paranoid ass!! I’ve seen on other forms it normal for all these cars but i didn’t really notice it on my stock z06 a few years ago . I’ve got a hurst short shift and a McLeod street twin disc clutch .
thanks !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts