Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about adding a TNT kit, and was wondering how safe it is? After seeing that video with yellow Z it kind of freaked me out. As far as engine longevity is concerned, how bad is it for the motor? Also, what are the limits you should go on the stock engine?

Is it ok or would a H/C package be the better route to go? NOS just gives you so much bang for the buck as opposed to any other power adder.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
This thread should read Nitrous and be under "Power Adders". If you do a search on Nitrous, you will find a lot of opinions and expertise already covered to help you make your decision. Good luck. :thumb:

Bob

·
Registered
24 Posts
The reason that the yellow one blew up is because he didnt run a window switch and sprayed the car at too low of an RPM= BOOOOM. Put a window switch to hav ethe nitrous come on at 3200+ and it will be just as safe as any other F/I bolton. :yeadog:

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
600hpIsntEnough said:
U might wanna retitle that NO2 Cause NOS is a company lol
just my 2 cents
I know NOS is a company but what does everybody normally refer to Nitrous Oxide as. :screwy: Also, it is not NO2 its N20 because each nitrous oxygen molecule has two nitrogen atoms and one oxygen atom. :yeadog: So, actually I shouldn't change it to NO2.

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
i have a 75-150 dry shot .. installed under the canopy at the hampton inn at last years zfest..by greg at antivenom.
window switch.. and wide open throttle WOT switch.. 15lb tank in trunk..
you can really feel it in the seat of the pants when she hits.. i don't use it toooo often..
i feel he installed the TNT kit safe.
i worried when i saw the fire video.. but .. without the saftey switches.. you would and will have problems..
i have a very clean install and lots of power when needed..

remember.
you will need a bottle heater..

i opted NOT to do the remote bottle opener..
i felt that would keep me."out of trouble"

good luck
mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts