Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of you who have a notebook computer and who occasionally get lost (temporarily misdirected?)- Have you seen the Delorme Earthmate with Street Atlas V 8.0? Just wanted to tell you it is a great system at $129 + or -. You put the antenna on your dash, plug it into a notebook PC, and it acquires 6 GPS satellites and an arrow representing your Vette appears on the highway. Put in where you want to go and the computer speaks to you, "In six seconds take a right turn on Braintree Avenue."

It also lists over 3 million points of interest like civil war battles, etc. It tells you what gas and restaurants are at every exit and can keep you and your spouse from arguing over a map.

I have used mine for over 3 years and it really helps my "road warrioring." I know you can get little ones too and spend $2k for a factory install but I can put in your address in my unit and show you where your driveway is...

·
Registered
107 Posts
I use a Garmin E-Map. It runs around $250 and you can load detailed maps into it that includes just about anything a traveler would want (restaurants, hotels, etc and includes phone numbers). It fits in your pocket and is great for hiking/biking as well. One nice feature is the "return" which directs you back along the path you used to get to a destination.... It doesn't talk though so I take the wife along! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hasbro,

I know what you mean. My wife had laryngitis for a few days and when I was driving with her I had to keep looking over her direction because I kept thinking see must have fallen out of the car.......

·
Registered
107 Posts
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I have even more fun.... the wife seldom sleeps in the car anymore because I used to drive alongside another car on the highway and give everyone a good look at her "head noddin" along..... Most people got a good laugh... at least until the day she woke up and we were alongside a bunch of college kids enjoying the view! Yes, we're still married.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts