Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this car has had so many problems I don't really want to list them all... I'm so glad I bitched to GM and got a free extended warranty. If it wasn't such an aweseome performer I'd really never buy another.

Motor - It sucked oil and needed a re-ring....
Clutch - Semi-stuck so I removed the assist spring and fixed it
Rear end - Has had to be re-built after a foray at the drags on street tires.

And now the latest... the dang trans is leaking at the front seal. I'm glad that I have a good mechanic at Casey Chevy who is a Corvette expert and he's cool with what I do with the car.

BUT... why the hell does this car keep on breaking... I'm not that hard on it :mah:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Dang...that sucks! Here's wishing you better luck in the future! :cheers:

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^ Hey I just replicate all the "demonstrations" that came on the video with the car.... heheheh...

·
Registered
229 Posts
so the mech said you need to change out the seal its not just a typicle slow leak that might fix it self?

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^ Haven't talked with him in detail... I'm taking it up on Monday morning so we can look it over just scheduled an appointment with the service writer.

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Cobra4B said:
^ Hey I just replicate all the "demonstrations" that came on the video with the car.... heheheh...
The General does make a nice video, wail the heck out of it they say. When i went in to order mine, the TV in the showroom played a video of the 04 Z. Showed it smoking the tires thru 3 gears, could hardly see the car for the smoke. Sideways on the road course, downshifting, and you could hear the rev limiter banging. Then they look at you when you take it in for a problem, like, what were you doing, abusing it.
:screwy:

Jack

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Video Huh...I somehow seem to have missed out on a video...I got this really lame audio cd that tells how to program the 1 & 2 (&3) Seat presets and a few other self evident things. A 10 year old could figure this out in less that 30 seconds...wonder if any of those videos are still around...DVD or VHS format ?

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
maineyak_2000 said:
Video Huh...I somehow seem to have missed out on a video...I got this really lame audio cd that tells how to program the 1 & 2 (&3) Seat presets and a few other self evident things. A 10 year old could figure this out in less that 30 seconds...wonder if any of those videos are still around...DVD or VHS format ?
04's only came with the CD, did away with the video after 03.

Jack

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a VHS tape that came with my '01... like jack said in '04 you got screwed over ;)

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Cobra4B said:
BUT... why the hell does this car keep on breaking... I'm not that hard on it :mah:
Same here....

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
maineyak_2000 said:
The Video is available right on this site. On the left side of the page. Go to Media Clips, It's half way down in 5 parts :cheers:

·
Registered
229 Posts
just spent the hour watching the owners video on this site drinking a few beers, (yeah its 9am but i work the graveyard shift) an it was well worth it learned some stuff that the audio cd never mentioned, plus i got to see vette's cruzing the tracks, not sure how replicating the auto events turned into the owners vdeio but thanks for the post Brian and IT L GO go for pointing me to the video. :thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts