Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
The Z06. At a Pocono HPDE (1.7 mile course), a guy in a racing suit with racing gloves and all the good stuff was done in by a lowly EB02Z06 with the driver in jeans and a good helmet.
I was on his tail all through the twisty infield. When we hit the bowl....I was GOHN!!!! He couldn't keep upand needless to say he was NOT a happy camper back in the paddocks. Wouldn't even look in my direction. And we were parked next to each other. However, his two sons that were out in RX7's talked to me and said he was going to sell the slow "POS".

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I'll admit the NSX's look downright sexy....but they just don't have the power to compete anymore. 10 years ago they were top notch, they've been surpassed...

The one mechanic I go to has a 03 or so.....I'm always busting his chops saying when are we gonna run. He said oh lets take it on a road course...I said if thats what you want fine, you better hope it has NO straights or else you're gonna come home crying. Of course if I run his race on the roadcourse does that mean I can bring him to the drag strip and totally anihilate him?

·
Registered
602 Posts
On the road course the NSX seems to be a good machine. I have run against them at Buttonwillow raceway. The stockers seem to be a piece of cake to best on the track. The modified ones are another matter. I have run against a couple of guys running winged, slick shod and turbo'd NSX and they are a fun and fairly even race for my mostly stock Z06. They are boosted to about 450+ HP. I am running Hoosiers and alignment changes on a basically stock Z06.

It makes for a good even race.

:jammin: :jammin: :jammin:

·
Registered
355 Posts
concur. i've been keeping pace with a paxton-charged NSX that won its class in this year's One Lap of America. He shows up at Summit Point as an instructor and sometimes runs with a student during regular sessions. I've run with him twice now. He sounds better than me.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I was wondering this because I was on another forum and got told a stock NSX would be a Z06 around a track. And I also got told the 2004 Z06 doesn't run 17.56 around the ring.....

·
Registered
399 Posts
Chrisrokc said:
And I also got told the 2004 Z06 doesn't run 17.56 around the ring.....

It doesn't run a 17.56... it runs a 7.56. BIG Difference :ity:

·
Registered
417 Posts
NSX's are really, really nice cars, but they have no motor, and the tires are too small. The other thing is they have alot of chassis flex that gets very obvious when you put Hoosiers etc on them. Even against some very good drivers, they are easy to beat at NHIS and Lime Rock. Nice car, but slow and obsolete, especially considering the price, more than a new C6-ZO6 which will absolutly destroy it on any track, anywhere, and you have money left over for a used truck, trailer, and a set of wheels with race rubber for the price of the NSX. This car needs a serious update to be discussed in the same league as the C6Z.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts