Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I am organizing a run to raise money for the hurricane relief efforts.

We will meet in downtown Manhattan this weekend (9/3). I am asking everyone who comes to bring a check made out to the Red Cross for at LEAST $50. All donations will go DIRECTLY to the Red Cross' Hurrican Relief Fund.

This is tentative: Meeting this Saturday 9/3 Hudson and Canal 8AM.

I am posting this on every forum I can think of and calling everyone I know. I know for most of us watching the images on TV remind us of 9/11, and the amount of outpouring afterwards. Now it's our turn to do a little bit to help.

I am sorry for the lack of info, but I just started organizing this tonight.

Even if you can't come and would like to donate money, I ask that you look at the Red Cross' site, or you could hand a check to somebody who is coming.

Hope that the Z guys give a good showing.

-N

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
I'm in for either Saturday or Sunday...whichever! Let us know which day you decide on.

Charlie

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I'm in for this. Must help out our brothers and sisters.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I'm there call me and let me know about time and day :thumb:

·
Registered
624 Posts
Either way I'm donating something . . .

Nabbs, I'll call you personally wrt the run, but looks like I'm in--Rich

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I'd love to go on this run if it wasn't this holiday weekend. I have plans that can't be broken. If it was next weekend....

Great idea though. Nabbs, for the people that already donated, you could have them bring their reciepts.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The goal is to raise 1500.

I spoke to ECS and I think there is a good chance that Chris will come out to join us.

The response on the Corvette Forum has been overwhelming, and I think we should get 20-25 cars fairly easily.

Rich -- if you want to grab a ride, it's not a problem.

Between Mario's Z and Jay's TT Z, there should be some very exciting cars.

-N

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Have you set the day yet?

Let us know please.

Charlie

·
Registered
573 Posts
sunday 8:00 am grants tomb..if all goes well charlie i'm in westchester we can meet up

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
damn, as said earlier if it wasn't the holiday weekend I'd be all over it, probably grab some buddies in on it too.....I'll be thinking of yas as I wake up with a massive hangover in the hamptons though...

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
** Here is the info **

Goal: To raise at least $1,500 for the Red Cross Relief Efforts.

When:This Sunday 8AM 9/4

Where: Grant's Tomb in NYC

Getting to Grant's Tomb:

WestSide Highway North or South to 125th Street Exit.

Travelling south on the WSH (points North, GWB, Westchester, CT etc) -- After getting off of the exit, go straight 300'. You will pass Fairway Supermarket on your left, 1 stop sign and 1 traffic light. At 2nd stop sign, make a left. Make right 20' after stop sign (your first right) onto street going uphill. Go all the way up the hill and you will see us in front of you.

Travelling north on the WSH (points South Holland/Lincoln Tunnel, LI, Queens) -- at the end of the exit ramp, make a right at the stop sign and immediately make another right on street going uphill. Go all the way up the hill and you will see us in front of you.

Donations

PLEASE, NO CASH, CHECK ONLY.

I am asking for a minimum donation of $50.

Make all checks payable to the American Red Cross and on the memo line of your check please note "Hurricane 2005 Relief." Additionally, if you would like to specify a specific state or area you can add a "- [area money should be donated to]." Since all funds are tax-deductible please make sure to fill out this form: https://www.redcross.org/donation/formprint.html

I will collect all the checks before the run, and will send them to the DC office of the Red Cross (their preferred area for processing funds).

List of Attendees

Nabbs
alex1217
ObeyC6
F.J.B.
RPOZ15
GeorgeZNJ
C4Jimmy
StephenT
zinbaad
C6 DVL
noran01
ALLEYNEC5
NYC Vette
jersey jay
CHEEZILA
gbsvette
tomtom72
Wicked Weasel
P626808
Fallen
PCZ06
NYCHASM
pczo6

Note: even if you don't have your Vette, c'mon down! We need people to take pictures and video! I am happy to give somebody a ride in shotgun.

Please let me know if there are any questions, or if you plan to attend and are not on the list! I am also going to make up nametags this time.

-N

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
great! glad to see the Z guys making a showing.

This will be over by 11:30 at the latest, so you'll still have a majority of your Sunday free.

Is everyone clear with how to get there etc?

-N

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Wow!

I most certainly will try and be there!!

Are we certain on the time? SUNDAY 9/4 0800??

Just checkin'

KUDOS on a great idea :yeadog: :usa:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
defender said:
Wow!

I most certainly will try and be there!!

Are we certain on the time? SUNDAY 9/4 0800??

Just checkin'

KUDOS on a great idea :yeadog: :usa:
That's the time and the place!

It would be great if you could make it!

Like I said this will be done by late AM at the latest, so you can still have your day free.

If you are curious as to how this turned out last time we tried this pix are here: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1171877&forum_id=40

-N

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
List updated:

Nabbs
alex1217
ObeyC6
F.J.B.
RPOZ15
C4Jimmy
StephenT
zinbaad
C6 DVL
noran01
ALLEYNEC5
NYC Vette
jersey jay
CHEEZILA
gbsvette
tomtom72
Wicked Weasel
P626808
Fallen
PCZ06
NYCHASM
pczo6
Ikester
tony3331
Thrust NYC
VetteWarehouse
capkarl
defender

-N

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
I'M IN! (In SZpirit) I wish I could do the run...man, you East Coast crews get all the fun.....We on teh west coast, cancel plans at last minute! Hahahahahaha..... :mah: :mah: :mah:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts