Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the partition (from Nate) for several reasons. I wanted to cut down on the road noise and I wanted a real trunk and a real rear parcel shelf for my CD's, office papers, etc.

I have seen many posts regarding the standard Z06 radio. I must admit on my drive home from the Museum, I was a bit disappointed with the Bose speakers and how they projected what appeared to be only reasonable sound quality.

Well, not any more! A HUGE side benefit of the partition is the significantly improved stereo imaging --- especially from the rear speakers. While I am no expecrt, it truly is as if I installed an expensive component system with cross-overs, etc.

Just wanted to point this out to those who may still be considering the partition but think it is too expensive. Has anyone else noticed this difference???

Regards, Ken-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,590 Posts
Ken, I agree with you 100%. I too was not thrilled with the radio, the few times we were NOT listening to exhaust music on the 640 mile ride home. We put the partition in the day we got home. On the trip to Carlisle the next day, the radio sounded 50% better and road noise was diminished. My wife loves that it now has an "official trunk"

Aren't these cars incredible??? Best damn Vette I ever had by a country mile...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,343 Posts
I agree also with the sound appraisal.

I was carying some big posters which would normally blow around with the window down, but the partition allowed to keep the window down. It is pricey, but a great improvement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
I just got back from talking to a Z06 buddy and part of the conversation was a need for a partition. Having a lap top fly back into the well hole is not cool. We knew a partition was made but hadn't seen it in person. Is there a pic somewhere?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
My biggest concern is noise reduction. I cant get enough of the z06 exaust, how much does it reduce the real music?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
KilrZ06 - The partition does not significantly reduce the exhaust sound.......you will still be able to hear "that stereo"!!!! It cuts down on the tire and road noise, gives you much better storage choices and, as others have said here, make the Bose system sound m u c h better! The partition is one of my BEST purchases.
Regards, Ken-;) ;) ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Roger on that.....IMA Z06!!!!!!
Ken-:smile:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
I have to agree as well. The partition enhances the BOSE! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,103 Posts
AquaZR1 said:
I just got back from talking to a Z06 buddy and part of the conversation was a need for a partition. Having a lap top fly back into the well hole is not cool. We knew a partition was made but hadn't seen it in person. Is there a pic somewhere?
Steve,
Click on "[email protected]" He has some pics on his web page which shows the installed partition. I will be receiving my new Z06 (Mill.Yellow) next week and I have a partition waiting for the install!!
Zman
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
zman said:


Steve,
Click on "[email protected]" He has some pics on his web page which shows the installed partition. I will be receiving my new Z06 (Mill.Yellow) next week and I have a partition waiting for the install!!
Zman
I did go look at his pics. It does look good. Room and weight are my big questions now. It seems you lose access to your compartments and are limited for luggage space. I suppose for everyday use it would be great. For traveling, maybe not. Racing, definitely not.

I'm wondering if anyone thought about building a partition that was just a wall for seperation? There must be some way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,031 Posts
AquaZR1 said:


I did go look at his pics. It does look good. Room and weight are my big questions now. It seems you lose access to your compartments and are limited for luggage space. I suppose for everyday use it would be great. For traveling, maybe not. Racing, definitely not.

I'm wondering if anyone thought about building a partition that was just a wall for seperation? There must be some way.
The partition IS just a wall for seperation. It is secured with velcro and two snaps for easy removal. Leave it out for racing or lots of baggage hauling. Leave it in to keep handy items within reach, cut down on rear wheel rumble, makes the stereo sound better and lets the HVAC work quicker (smaller area). Weight is about 15 pounds. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,034 Posts
Nate will have them in red /black and all carpet

Just thought I would tell you guys a heads up.

Im shipping Nate :

RED/BLK Partitions today.

Black / Black Partitions with carpet on both sides also.


If your interested he has a Group Purchase right now.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top