Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the Odyssey Battery need a hold-down or any special adapters for installation in C5 ZO6?
Was thinking of replacing my Optima Red Crap with an Odyssey.
Also, which is correct size....
34PC1500....34/781500...or 75/86PC1230?
Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
The 75/86-PC1230 is the correct size i got mine from battery mart .com its not a cheap battery but will last you a long time ,just make sure you keep a battery tender on it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 75/86-PC1230 is the correct size i got mine from battery mart .com its not a cheap battery but will last you a long time ,just make sure you keep a battery tender on it.

Thanks for the info! Problem is I can't keep a BT on it since there is no electrical outlet in my garage. This has caused me to go through 2 Optima Red Top's in 18 months. From what I've read about the Odyssey, it should last a lot longer even if vehicle isn't a daily driver (which mine is not)....I'm hoping! When I had garage with electric & BT, Optima lasted 12 yrs!

·
Registered
21 Posts
You could pull it out of car and hook it up to a battery tender as well.thats what i do when iam not driving mine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Odyssey battery is one of the best automotive batteries on the market it should last you 8 to 12 years if you maintain it with a battery tender.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Odyssey has a twenty amp charger and battery maintainer for AGM batteries and flooded lead acid batteries, it is part number OBC-20A i have it to maintain my odyssey battery very good charger/maintainer.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Odyssey has a twenty amp charger and battery maintainer for AGM batteries and flooded lead acid batteries, it is part number OBC-20A i have it to maintain my odyssey battery very good charger/maintainer.
Thanks for the info! If I had garage with electric, I'd just stick with Optima & BT.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts