Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone make an "Off Road" exhaust? I would like to get rid of the cats, but keep the 02 sensors and the stock TI muffler system..

Sounds like a winner if you can do it.

Put stock system on for smog test....

Thanks in advance,

2k :cool:

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Try Breathless, one of our vendors.....just look to the left and click on the Breathless Icon. I think Shawn at LAPD (also one of our vendors in So. Cal) is a Breathless Distributor and has the best prices I've been able to find in all my shopping experience as a "Modaholic.":guiness: :cheers: :guiness:

HTH,
01ZEE06

PS You'll need the special sensors to tell the computer all is O.K. Also, in California, your first smog check is 4 to 5 years depending on the last digit of your vin # and the month of acquisition.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Check out Tech section! I just ordered the parts from West Coast
Corvette (ask for Todd, he is familiar with this) There is a great
write up on it.

Good luck,

2charmed
:cheers:

·
Registered
814 Posts
Bassani

I'm pretty sure that Bassani makes a complete bolt on piece that doesn't require any cutting or welding. This makes it great if you have to go back to stock for a smog test or selling vehicle or taking it in for warranty. I'm not sure of the part#'s but if you find out let me know as I too am interested.

·
Registered
464 Posts
You can contact West Coast Corvette for the part numbers and
prices. Ask for Todd as he just took my order for these parts.

Good luck,

2Charmed

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all!

Will be looking into this soon..

2k :cool:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Would you guys recommend the off road xpipe on a Z06 405?? I am asking this since I know that the 2002 is less restrictive than the 2001 Z06's. Unfortunately I already installed the back piece from Bassani and cut my exhaust to make room for it. If I would of have known this in advance (Bassani offering the front part) it would of been a bolt on bolt off installation only!?!!. Any opinions on what I should do now?? Is it worth doing on a 2002 Z06? I would not like to have to start dealing with check engine lights, etc..

Thanks,

cvdg:eek:

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
My setup (well, in a few days, it's ordered now):

TPIS LT's -> TPIS "h-pipe" -> straight 2.5" pipe (2) -> Bassani Xpipe -> Stock Ti catback.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I installed this Double X-pipe set up last nite. It installed
Very easily. I am still waiting for the o2 Sims to show up and
then I'll let you know how it feels.
It is much lighter than the stock piece and with no cats, should
produce more power.

My set up now is:

HallTech Ti Trick
HallTech Ported/Polished T/B
No Screen
B&B Shorty Headers
Bassani Off road exhaust
Stock Ti Muffler set

Regards,

2Charmed

·
Registered
464 Posts
Vortech,

I got my parts through West Coast Corvette and I don't have their part numbers with me. I do have the Bassani part numbers
which are as follows: 5797X (this is the rear X-pipe part)
C599-2 and C501-2 (I'm not sure why there
are two part #'s)

The two main parts slide together and stainless clamps are used
to secure them. All bolts are the factory bolts although the rear
of the back pipe is not threaded at the bolt holes. You will need to
get 4 nuts for the factory studs. I used the front manifold nuts
left over from my header install and they worked fine. You will need a set of o2 sims which just clip in up by the front o2 sensors.
The weigth savings is dramatic. I started the car even though I don't have the o2 sims yet and the sound is still on the mild side
to me. I do believe I should have picked up around 15 hp.
This seems to be an easy swap for resale or emissions purposes.

I will post the West Coast Part #'s later tonight if you want.
Good luck
2Charmed

·
Registered
814 Posts
thanks 2charmed

Thanks for the part#'s-I'm assuming everything fit without any snags. This truly makes it a bolt on set up which is awesome for passing emissions then flying at the track. I'm sure the dual x-pipes have something to do about muting the sound. I'm actually not too keen on x-pipes as they do make more power but on the upper end of the scale-I beleive h-pipes are better suited for the street as they make more torque-which is all important on the street.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Bassani off-road pipes

If you are considering off-road pipes, you might like to look at my fairly long post on the Tech Tips section of this forum. It has the part numbers I used, but I think they have changed for the Z06 because the rear part didn't fit the Z06 muffler pipes very well. It also has part numbers for new manifold nuts and studs (which you may need) and the plugs for the O2 sensor holes (which you will surely need).

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
A point to make, too, is that the O2 simms don't go in the "front" O2 plugs, they go into the "2" position, the post-cat O2 plugs....not gonna get far without functioning front O2's... :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts