Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my baby is on the trailer loaded and ready to get back into action with a fresh alignment, corner weighting, new DRM ducts, new rotors and Carbotech XP11s front, XP10s rear, and fresh oil .

For those in Texas who might be interested, Friday afternoon is practice, Saturday and Sunday morning are qualifying, Saturday and Sunday afternoon are National races. I'm in group three which should race early afternoon both days.

As I've never driven TWS before, I don't expect much, but I'm anxious just to get back on a track, my wife's family lives in Corpus and they are coming up for the race which is good for my wife and daughters, and I need four races this year to keep my license active before I start a six month training pipeline enroute to sea duty in April.

I have a wireless laptop now, so if I can find a signal I'll try to post a howgozit this weekend. :cheers:

I should be easy to find if you come out. I'll be near this car. :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
Subdriver, Good Luck on your racing! That is something I'd like to get into some day, or even a driving school would be great.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Hmm...TWS??? I might drive up on Satruday afternoon to watch you race. My sister lives in Austin so I can stay up there for free. :cheers:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Subdriver-

Good luck. I have driven TWS once, and it is a long fast track. Have fun getting used to the elevation change coming off the main straight! :jawdrop:

There are a few places to get crossed up, but a couple of laps, and you'll get it down. Be safe.

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
case2307 said:
Hmm...TWS??? I might drive up on Satruday afternoon to watch you race. My sister lives in Austin so I can stay up there for free. :cheers:
Might? Might?

Casey we are there - even if I have to hog tie you to the trunk of my car!!!!

This is gonna be Fun... with a capital F,ing F... :D

This is an opportunity for some choice video footage.

-Paul

·
Registered
350 Posts
Good luck bud. I'm on the way to little Carolina Motorsports Park for the National there. I don't think there will be too many T1 cars show up though darn it. :cry: It was great having all the folks show up at Sebring and Moroso. I like to see a big field of Vettes!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
Best of luck Brad. I'm sure you will do well. Don

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Casey, Paul,
Would be great to see you guys there. I'll have my cell somewhere near me. 901-218-0750.

Chris,
Best of luck to you at CMP. I considered going there as well, but the double at TWS fits into my need to get in four early season races well.

Appreciate the best wishes from the rest of you. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Brad called me tonight.

He thought he had some engine problems, turns out he did not. Good for him!

He took a few laps around the track; it is very fast and seems to be real fun.

He has the first qualifying season tomorrow morning. If he can't post his results, he will call me and I will post for him.

Go get' em Brad!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'll be interested to hear how it went. What kind of lap times on which course layout? 2.9 mile hopefully! I love that track!

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Talking to Brad right now:

Saturday he got a 3rd, Sunday he won it all!

Way to go, Brad.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Congrats Brad :cheers:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Brad...nice to meet you and your family. Great job today! :thumb: :coo:

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Brad - great to meet you and yours... and thank the family for making Patti feel so welcome.

First - The Flags

Next - the Corvette Corral...

Then - The Banner shots...

Some Pit Transport...

How not to end you day..

But - how very much to start it..

This is how you end it..

Get weighed and teched out...

Follwed up with a call from Tean Corvette...

They start the pit crews young these days...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts