Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

Well after getting all of your initial feedback a few weeks back and enjoying some private emails also, I have become one of you. I purchased my 2002 Z06 from Westfall O'Dell Motors in Excelsior Springs, MO off eBay of all places. I got my order # and TPW in the mail this morning so I am now officially stoked. My wife and I are expecting our first child about the same time so this is doubly exciting (for me at least).

Just a short blurb about me: I got my first Vette (a 1971 Coupe) in 1981. I kept it until just a few years ago then sold it and invested the money in Internet stocks while the getting was good. This Z06 has intrigued me since I first read about it, but I have always been holding out for a Porsche 911 Turbo. Well the other day I drove one and really was not that impressed. That opened the door to the Z for me. I'm a mechanical engineer and have been into cars for 25 years: drag racing (another Vette), road racing, and restoration. Bring on the Z06!

Order #DKDJ5S / TPW 07-16-01

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Congratulations and welcome!

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Mitch:

Congrats & Congrats!

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
442 Posts
Glad you made it over to our side. That car seat is going to look good in the Z. Why? Because nothing looks bad in a Z06.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was hoping I could get a baby seat in there. Can you turn off the passenger side air bag in the Z? If so, my new daughter is going to have one classy ride. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mitch

·
Registered
619 Posts
Get a Simpson racing child seat,It looks really good.
I will be getting one so that my little nephew can drive around with me in the Z.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great idea! I have seen one of those in the car mags. Any clue on where to get one at a decent price?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Congrats on the Z!! I take my two year old out all the time with a car seat.
She already knows how to spot other Corvette's and wave!

Mark

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My TPW is July 16th. The dealer said I should see it 10-15 days after it's built.

Mitch

1 - 13 of 13 Posts