Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, steve here with a question for the slagheap--does anyone have a ride hight offset for their wieght? I am 6'5", 230 (all muscle baby), and it seems to me that there should be an offset on the ride hight to adjust for all that weight on one side of the car, I am thinking 4threads showing (driver side), and 2threads showing on passenger side...this is for the dragstrip to improve my 60ft. Thanks all,
zteve06,
blk '02 z06,
austin, tx

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm 210lb. & have my driver side set 1/8" higher than my pass side to compensate for the sag. I didn't count the threads though. I had my buddy measure the height at the wheel wells while I was sitting in it. With a half tank of fuel both sides were equal. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
I had the car corner weighted and aligned with a 200 lb weight. Me for corner weighting, and lead at the alignment shop. I weigh 205. Close enough. If you can arrange it, it is the best way to go.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Hello all, steve here with a question for the slagheap--does anyone have a ride hight offset for their wieght? I am 6'5", 230 (all muscle baby), and it seems to me that there should be an offset on the ride hight to adjust for all that weight on one side of the car, I am thinking 4threads showing (driver side), and 2threads showing on passenger side...this is for the dragstrip to improve my 60ft. Thanks all,
zteve06,
blk '02 z06,
austin, tx
I always worry about that on my Silverado too. My entire gas tank sits beneath the driver so there is the driver, tank, and gas weight on one side. That has to have an affect on the sixty foot. I had to adjust the 4-link rear on the next higher setting to level out the truck.

At least our vettes have 2 tanks to even things out.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for all the help guys, I have it now at just one thread more showing on the driver side and two on passenger, for just about 1/8", its working well for the street, i'll run at the dragstrip soon to see about the 60ft
thanks again
steve gunter
austin, tx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts