Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh no, I got my build date and it is 11/12. You know what they say about buying a car built on Monday or Friday. Have any of you got a Z that was built on Monday or Friday? Any problems? Just curious what everybody thoughts are on this matter are. I am sure that all Vettes built on Monday or Fridays are not lemons but given the choice I would say give me a Wednesday or Thursday car. I know it takes me a little bit to get motivated on a Monday. What day were your cars built? They are still trying to do a dealer trade and get one sooner for me so I can take advantage of the 0.9% APR for 48 months. They are saying they should have it by 11/28. I am counting the days. I think I have read the Z06 brochure and every magazine article 5 times by now. I am ready to DRIVE. Lets see, 7 days to birth, 23 days, ## hours and ## minutes till delivery/the fun begins.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The factory says it takes 34 hrs to build one. Do you know if this is the start date or when it comes off the line?:)

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
I really believe that old cliche about "poor quality" cars being built on Monday or Friday is totally unwarranted. The quality control measures in place today make a big difference in how cars are built. In the last few years I have bought 4 new Corvettes and have had no problems with any of them.

Have also toured the St. Catherines, Ontario engine assembly plant and the BG plant 5-6 times and am always impressed with what I see!

Good luck, and keep us posted! :cheers: :cheers:

ZIPPY :z: :z:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Don't sweat the build date. Worry about the delivery!! ;) :lol:

The build date doesn't mean much. My car was a Monday 10/22 TPW. It was 'built' on 10/24. I've heard they spend 4 days on the line.

Regardless, many of the major components are sub-assemblies. Engine and probably front and rear sub-frames.

I would guess that paint is the biggest 'variable'.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
My car was built on a Monday and its flawlwss.Don't worry the people who build vetts take great pride in this vechicle.:)

·
Registered
255 Posts
I saw mine built on Monday/Tuesday July 30 & 31. Only problem to date was underhood damage due to mis alighnment. Fixed at dealer to my satisfaction. Mechanically, at 586 miles on the clock and the first oil change this week-end before I put her away for the winter everything is OK :D

Don't sweet it, enjoy it, :guiness: Good Luck, you are going to Love it.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Mine came off the line on a Friday, and it's perfect. In fact, each car spends 3-4 days on the line, so most cars have something done to them on either a Friday or Monday. Don't worry about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts