Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ouch. I stopped by my office to catch up on a months worth of e-mail and somewhere (Damn those MD roads) along the way home I picked up a half dozen nails and screws in my left rear tire.

Three of them are completely through the tire and the other three are imbedded in the soft rubber. Thank God I was driving conservatively.

Anyway, I noticed what I thought was a chunk of my tire missing when I got home and on closer inspection it was a nail that had discolored the area of the tire around it. Then to my horror I saw the other five screws.

The only good thing about this whole episode is that I didn't have to use my spare-in-a-can. Its bad enough that the tire is $350 to replace and plug and patch the old one in case I need a limited use spare.

Damn those maryland roads. A billion dollar surplus in the states coffers and they can't keep the roads clean or repaired.

But all's well that ends well. I ordered a new tire from Tire Rack yesterday and they flew it here today. NTB is putting it on the rim tonight and I'll be back on the road tomorrow:grin:

·
Registered
507 Posts
Man that sucks, I had a 1 screw a few weeks ago. They patched it and so far no problems.:eek: I refused to use the can of fix a flat also. Glad to hear you got a new tire so quick. Tire rack is a cool place 8) Good luck with those roads, write your congressman that shoul help:bs:

·
Registered
837 Posts
:(

NTB :eek:

Suggest you watch the NTB installer like a hawk. Need to ensure they torque the lugnuts by hand using three step process 50, 75, 100 lbs. This will reduce the likelihood of rotor warpage.

Over the last 30 years I've tried many tire shops in the area. Best one I've found is the Goodyear dealer in Laurel. They also have the state-of-the-art balancing machine. They know Corvettes and have done super work on several Z06s of Forum buddies. Let me know I you might wish an introduction to the shop folks there.

Good meeting you at Carlisle.

Ranger

1 - 3 of 3 Posts