Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to hear different opinions on the type of oil you guys are currently using. I am not discussing what oil is better, since different people have different preferences. I am running on Royal Purple 10w 30, i have not heard much about it on the forum. I believe my engine temperature is a bit cooler whit this oil, about 90 degrees C on average High way driving and about 93 on average city driving. Would like to hear from different oil users, and Royal Users if any.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Mobil 1 or Redline...

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
There was a thread between myself and TAMUZ06 which covered RP and Mobil 1 vs conventional motor oil. You may wish to look at that discussion if you have not already.

I weigh in behind Mobil 1.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i am surprised there are no other royal purple users so far. Where are all the Texans? I had not heard of this oil before i used it, but it was highly recomended by a few expert mechanichs down here. I wanted to hear different opinions other than what i have heard down here. I have used red line in the past in other cars, but it is hard to find around here...

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Vetto,

You can order Redline by the case direct from Redline on their website: www.redlineoil.com

Redline has been dynoed and will give you 2 more ponies over Mobile One. Also, it uses some of the same ingrediants found in Jet Engine lubricants.

Saw John Heinricy(sp) win the Mid America Race last night on Speedvision. Most of the Corvette's running were using Redline. Of course, they get it free + sponcer $$$. But I think if you spend the time researching Red Line Oil, you'll want to use it:)

In all my research I didn't run across Purple Royal, or is it Royal Purple:-? I've yet to see it advertised on a Race Car. I think you'll find most of us use Mobile 1 or Redline.

HTH :cheers:

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Vetto,

I live in Baytown less than 5 min from Houston Raceway Park, and I work in Houston. So, the Texans are weighing in...

The folks at RP are really good folks, but I still prefer Mobil1

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
too many red liners out there, watch out you all...
cheers..

·
Registered
141 Posts
By the case from RedLine?

You can order Redline by the case direct from Redline on their website:
www.redlineoil.com
---------------------------------
01ZEE06,

I looked at the Red Line web site and could find no place where you can order Red Line oils by the case. They only refer you to dealers (who charge retail). How did you order direct from Red Line, and at what price?

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Jim,

I just called the 800 # shown on their website and ordered a case of engine oil, waterwetter, tranny fluid, rear axel oil, and a bunch of the injector cleaner.

Without taking the time to pull a receipt, it was about $8.00 per qt. for most of the stuff. I placed that order late last year direct with Redline.

I now buy from Shawn at LAPD. Shawn's price is a little less. Late last year I couldn't find a local distributor of Redline. I now know of 3 in my area.

HTH :cheers:

Barrie
01ZEE06

1 - 18 of 18 Posts