Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent my afternoon changing my oil and I have some things I could use some help with.

First off, I decided to try the Valvoline Syn. oil instead of Mobil 1. I had read some good things about the Valvoline oil so I thought I would give it a shot. My next change I will probably use Redline.

My first question is where is the correct location to put jack stands on the rear of the car? I put them under the rear crossmember but I didn't know if this was correct?

Next, while I was under the rear of the car looking around I saw some what I assume to be transmission fluid. Is this a common problem? I don't remember reading about it before.

Last question. It appears that my battery is leaking and would it be better to get a warrenty replacement or change it out to the Optima battery? On my previous GM car (GrandPrix) I went thru 3 batteries and 2 alternator's in 3 years. I don't want to go down that road with this car.

Thanks,

·
Registered
117 Posts
Jack stand locations look about right, just be sure they are supporting the rear crossmember only and not making contact with anything else. Also, be sure to use wood blocks or something (I use small old books) between the jack, jack stands and the car.

I have heard of transmission leaks before, you could try doing a search to see what comes up.

My battery died within 10 months, I just went the easy way out and got a replacement under warranty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts