Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,248 Posts
Hi there,
As for every engine design being different, this is true. I would say that an oil consumption test is definately the first course of action. I will repost the bulletin number as it escapes me at this time. I quart in 2000 is what I remember from memory.
If you are not satisfied with your dealer, I would recommend that you seek the advice from another in your area.
best to you, and let us know how you do, c4c5

· Registered
1,248 Posts
Bulletin and other facts

Hi there,
The bulletin is 01-06-01-011, and it says one quart in 2000 miles.
As for the oil consumption, being this design, and other small block, do consume oil. The design must be considered, as much as the driving style.
If I am driving 405 horses, just because I am in the field, I know that more agressive driving, yields more oil usage. It is nature of the beast, this is why racers use a dry sump system, with a large tank of oil.
While some LS6 do consume oil, and it is known as to why, GM is not really blowing customers off, I received notice extremely quick when I sent mail to Corvette engineers. And I can attest to the fact that the engineers, all the way up to Dave Peacy, support Corvette, AND correct repair of these loved cars.
It is NOT always within the power that they have to handle each individual case. This is where it is the responsibility of dealers to SERVE the customers.
And that is the reason why I am here, because I want to serve, and dispell rumors, and give facts.
I will do what ever it takes, to serve my customers, and they know this. I am sorry that other dealers do NOT.
Please do not slam Corvette, or the men and women behind it, because for the most part, we serve to the best of our ability.
Best to you all, c4c5

· Registered
1,248 Posts
Well, D,
Each vehicle is handled by a case by case basis. As for the pistons, I am NOT sure.
However, for the oil consumption, we MUST have full documentation of an oil usage issue, which will take 3000 miles.
Then, I am required to contact technical assistance, BEFORE I order the rings. This is what I have to do, as a service mechanic.
From there, I would not know on the polymer pistons, as I am told they are in the 02 models. This is for the cold knock issues that are out there, NOT the oil consumption issue.
Best to you, c4c5

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.