Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Z needs fresh lube, anyone using the Mobil 1 Filter or the K & N? I always use the AC Delco. How 'bout a little feedback? Can I also ask what oil you all are using? I use Mobile 1 5-30. Apologize 'cause I know this question has been asked before.

Thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
I use a fram oil filter, seems to work good. I havent had any problems with them and i have used them on my ls1 and now my ls6.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I use Mobile 1 for both oil and oil filter.

Other filters I would consider would be K&N and Amsoil.

Alex

·
Registered
806 Posts
Get the K&N filter! Do your Z a favor! :jammin:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
AC oil filter and Mobil 1 Synthetic.

You should look for and use only oil that meets GM Standard "GM4718M." This is right from th eowner's manual. Not all synthetics meet this standard. Read the label,if it doesn't have "GM4718M," don't use it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Joe Bruntz said:
My Z needs fresh lube, anyone using the Mobil 1 Filter or the K & N? I always use the AC Delco. How 'bout a little feedback? Can I also ask what oil you all are using? I use Mobile 1 5-30. Apologize 'cause I know this question has been asked before.

Thanks
AMSOIL series 2000 0W30 and AMSOIL filter :yeadog:
Bob :cheers:

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
Currently - Mobil 1 with K&N Filter
Next time - Amsoil for both.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I only use WIX.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I use M1 oil and filter. I know that many swear by Amsoil, but I've been using M1 for years and have had cars with over 300k miles and never had to turn a wrench on them, so I stick with what works for me over time.

I am sure the AC Delco filter is fine as they come from the factory that way, but man I just can't make myself put a $3 filter on my car.....I just can't.

It's probably overkill and someone I'm sure has data that states the $3 AC Delco offers as much protection and filtering ability as the $11 M1 I use, but I sleep better at night....

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
AMSOIL SDF32 or the UPF44. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
NAPA Gold filter (Wix) and Mobil 1 5W-30

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
AMSOIL SDF Oil Filter

This guy is doing an oil filter study: http://www.oilfilterstudy.com/
His methods are a little unscientific, but still interesting. His comments on the high priced filters:
"In the high-priced group, the Amsoil, Mobil 1, Fram XG, and K&N appear to be good choices."

Here are his specific comments on the AMSOIL SDF filter:
"This filter appears to have very good filtration media and very good flow.
This filter has solid construction with a robust center tube with perforations and coil spring.
It is the best flowing filter in the group of 50 µm average largest pore size filters."

If you look at his data, the AMSOIL SDF filter has over 50% better flow than the Mobil 1 (13 vs 8.1 oz/min) but has a smaller largest average pour size (50 vs 52µm) and has more filter storage capacity (339 vs 299 sq in). The K&N goes for more flow over filtration with a 14.7 oz/min flow rate but a 63 µm largest average pour size. Its capacity is about the same as the AMSOIL at 343 sq in.

Vette Product number is SDF32.

As a reminder, AMSOIL preferred customers save 20-25%. Please contact DJWORM or me if you have any questions. Thanks. :cheers:
AMSOIL Ordering Information
AMSOIL Preferred Customer Program

·
Registered
882 Posts
OLDGUY said:
AMSOIL series 2000 0W30 and AMSOIL filter :yeadog:
Bob :cheers:
Same here! Ya get what you pay for, why not buy the best! :thumb:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts