Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove a friends 97 C5 Automatic today. I noticed the oil gage was pegged at 80 PSI and the DIC said 129 PSI :jawdrop:

I pulled over and turned the car off. The gage dropped to 0. Then with the ignition on and engine off I got the same readings.
We drove a few miles & went in to look at some new C6s.

When we came out gage was at 0. Turned the ignition on and gage want to 80, & the DIC began climbing and went to 129 in 30 seconds or so.

Anyone had this on a C5 before? Just a bad sending unit I hope? :z:

·
Registered
362 Posts
terry schulze said:
I drove a friends 97 C5 Automatic today. I noticed the oil gage was pegged at 80 PSI and the DIC said 129 PSI :jawdrop:

I pulled over and turned the car off. The gage dropped to 0. Then with the ignition on and engine off I got the same readings.
We drove a few miles & went in to look at some new C6s.

When we came out gage was at 0. Turned the ignition on and gage want to 80, & the DIC began climbing and went to 129 in 30 seconds or so.

Anyone had this on a C5 before? Just a bad sending unit I hope? :z:
Typical problem--seen dozens of them fail--intake manifold has to be removed for replacement.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Z11409 said:
Typical problem--seen dozens of them fail--intake manifold has to be removed for replacement.
It is under the intake manifold???? You have got to be kidding :eek:

Thanks "General" why couldn't you put it in the side of the block like everyone else??? :mad:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Has anyone replaced the sensor for the oil pressure gage and the oil pressure on the DIC? 1997 C5

Z11409 said it is under the intake manifold. I called a dealer to see if he had one and he said it is at the top back of the block where the distributors used to be located. :-?

·
Registered
362 Posts
It is on back of block-I should have stated that the intake manifold has to be removed to R&R he sender-Not under but behind .

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Z11409 said:
It is on back of block-I should have stated that the intake manifold has to be removed to R&R he sender-Not under but behind .
I found a great diagram showing exactly whereit is on the top back drivers side of the block. I see what you mean as I can't even see it on my car.

Would it be possible to replace it if you took the fuel rail off and some of the other stuff that is in the way? :-?

Just hoping-- :cry:

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Now it is time to buy my used LS6 intake and Shaner TB and use those
after replacing sensor

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is a friends car & she is going to sell or trade and get a C6 :coo:

But I could use an extra 100 hp for my car if you have some laying around. :D