Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious in what oil pressure was normal for our LS6 motors, I idle at 36 psi, cruising at about 40-50psi and towards redline it gets up to 70 psi +-. Is this the normal ,what do you guys see on yours? thanx :cheers:

·
Registered
126 Posts
I am seeing the about the same readings. It's weird though, I don't remember seeing those high readings when I first bought it. Only see them now after the first oil change and I put in what the book said and the dipstick was fine. Maybe they cheaped out at the factory and put in 4 quarts.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I used to get 32psi at idle after the oil temp was around 200. I get 34psi now with the Mobil 1 oil filter. 46psi at cruise and 60+psi when I get on it.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
I was curious in what oil pressure was normal for our LS6 motors, I idle at 36 psi, cruising at about 40-50psi and towards redline it gets up to 70 psi +-. Is this the normal ,what do you guys see on yours? thanx :cheers:
Those are pretty normal pressures. As a note, oil pressure is very dependent on oil temp. If you track your car and get the oil up above 250, don't be surprised to see much lower oil pressures since the oil's viscosity will lower with temp. Lower viscosity will give less resistance to flow and hence a lower pressure... but flow shouldn't have changed much. :cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts